International N Gauge Show in UK

Matteo_IT

Claude_Dreyfus

Yes, aside from Japan Model Railways, Osbornes, Plus Daughters and Gaugemaster carry Japanese stock...although the latter three only Kato.

Pity that Temple Falls is the only Japanese layout representative...again! It has been a few times and gives a false impression of what Japanese layouts there are on the UK circuit (Unitrack, temples and a mix and match of bullets and conventional stock on the same track).

Nothing wrong with the layout itself...but such a shame that other layouts are overlooked.

Sorry...bit of a grumble and I am biased...

Oh yes, I cannot make the show...off on holiday that Saturday.

Edited by Claude_Dreyfus

Hmm, I will be in London from the 3rd of September to the 8th. It will be fun to see a British model rail show. The question is how can I convince my wife, my mother-in-law and my father-in-law that I should go there. :-)

Claude_Dreyfus

It's a bit of a hike to Leamington from London...a good two or three hours by train. And then you would need to get from the station to the show.

If you, or for that matter anyone else visiting the UK, are interested in visiting a show, this website is pretty good.

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events/y2013/m9

Thanks for the link. My hands are tights about the dates because of the flights.

I have just checked National Rail's website, it says that I can travel from London to Leamington Spa in 1:14 without changes for 6 GBP which sounds me a good offer. Starting at 9:06 from London I would arrive to Leamington Spa at 10:20, get a cab and I can watch the layouts from 11:00. If I will be there 3 hours than I can get back to London until 16:30.

I am thinking, I am thinking.

If you read well on the site, there is, SATURDAY ONLY, a bus shuttle from train station to expo...

As I told, I'll be present on saturday... please notice me if somebody goes...

I've been to this show several times, it's a good show, but can get very cramped and busy! The venue is essentially a couple of large barns in the middle of nowhere, with parking in a grass field, so may get muddy if its raining.

Get there early if you want to avoid the crowds and see things properly. Usually lots of dealers selling stuff, but mostly UK/US product, there will be some Japanese stuff there but you'll have to search it out.

I might go on the Sunday.

By the way, if you're feeling energetic, you can walk from the train station to the venue along the canal (about 2-3 miles) its mostly a nice pleasant walk, the only tricky bit is the last half mile or so where you leave the canal and have to walk along the side of a busy road with no footpath to the venue, so bear this in mind. Look at the venue on Google maps and the canal is just north of it on the B4455 Fosse Way

p.s Leamington Spa is quite a nice country town too, in case you need to persuade the wife/family to come along too, they can shop in the town while you enjoy the show! There's a food festival on in the town on that weekend as well, so that might help persuade them!

http://www.leamingtonfoodfestival.co.uk/?utm_source=CheetahMail&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=15%2F08%2F2013_Food

Edited by Tyler B

Yes, you are the only one crazy people from Italy.

And I will be the only one crazy people from Hungary. :)

I bought my ticket into the show, so I will be there. I will arrive to Leamington Spa railway station at 10:58, so I hope around 12:00 I will be there. We can meet somewhere, I would be happy to join you.

Did anyone go to the show in the end? I went on the Saturday. Was very crowded! Many people there were saying the venue is too small, they need to move it to somewhere larger so they can get some more layouts in

Hi, I was me too on saturday...

The only big problem I found was the shuttle bus. Too much small: it needs for a 12 metres, and also it was scheduled every 30 mins but was every hour...

I was there too on Saturday, we have some meetings with Matteo_IT. :)  It was very nice to meet you personally!

The crowd was not huge compared to the N Gauge show in for example Stuttgart where you have to fight just to move between the stands and layouts. It was weird to me that the prices were higher than the major webshops. I made few hundred pictures and bought some items, will post these in the near future.

Many thanks IST for the pics...

I went also to Warley at NEC Birmingham...

A lot of layouts in many scales and a lot of traders!

For me, it's the best show so far!

Hello Mr IST

Thankyou kindly for posting these images.  I very much enjoyed your selection of photographs.  In particular, the firefighting scene was impressive, as was the Newcastle and Kings Cross layouts.

Will be there somebody in this year? :)

I will be in England at that time (London & Brighton) and I was thinking to going there again. Although I have just read in Model Rail that there will be an RMwebLive model train show in Coventry on the same weekend, but I think I will find more N gauge related layouts, traders and stuffs in Leamington Spa.

Claude_Dreyfus

Well, if you are in the London/Brighton area the weekend before - 6th & 7th September - there is an open day at Gaugemaster; the UK Kato distributor.

http://www.gaugemaster.com/index.html

The shop is right next to Ford station and the event is free

There will be a number of layouts, including Kanjiyama...and best of all...free entry!

The Next Station Is...

Interesting to see Japanese products working their way into British layouts - I definitely spotted a B Train Shorty tram and Tomytec Moving Bus System in there!

Claude_Dreyfus

A good selection of pictures there, with some interesting layouts. A few I have seen and admired before; I have exhibited alongside Garsdale Head and Santa Barbara (the owner of this layout also owns Banbury), and particularly like Kayreuth. 

The lack of Japanese layout this year will be remedied when I take Kanjiyama to the show next year.

The lack of Japanese layout this year will be remedied when I take Kanjiyama to the show next year.

That means next year i should also go and see the show.