AsiaNrail layout - Sept 14th & 15th at Los Altos Train Days

nscalestation

nscalestation

Paul Ingraham (aka Railtunes on this forum) and myself will be running the AsiaNrail layout at the annual Los Altos Train Days event which is held at the Los Altos History Museum.  This event tries to have at least one layout from each scale and this year we are the N Scale layout.  We will be inside the Museum building.

The AsiaNrail layout is sectional and includes scenes from Japan, Taiwan, and Korea.  We will be running both continuous loop and point to point operations with DC throttles at this show. 

Date:  September 14th and 15th

Times: 10:00am to 4:00pm

51 South San Antonio Road

Los Altos, California

Web link to event:  http://www.losaltoshistory.org/events.html

It would be great to meet any forum members that are in the Bay Area that weekend.  Hope to see you there, bring a train !

Brad, Paul, it was good to be able to meet y'all in real life today! Looking forward to getting to hang out again, perhaps somewhere cooler?

Don, it was great to meet you too and I'm glad we were able to get together at an actual Japanese / Asian layout event.  

Yes Jeff there are photos, I'll post a few here and will have some more on my Tokyo in N Scale blog very soon and when I do I'll notify the forum.

LATD2013f.jpg?t=1379309353

This was the central loop section of the layout.  There were also three stub end sections.  There could be independent point to point operation between two of those and all three could interchange with the central loop.  It took three operators to run the layout plus any extra help we could enlist for relief and to keep an eye on the large numbers of small hands that were compelled to try to reach out to the details on the layout.

LATD2013a.jpg?t=1379309262

My Musashi-Koyama modules were one of the three stub sections.

JNSgroup1.jpg?t=1379309459

• Like 1
My Musashi-Koyama modules were one of the three stub sections.

Very good work.  One of the closest representations I have seen of such a station with realistic building spacing and location.  One suggestion- the walls of the construction site adjacent to the station would likely be white or grey rather than brown.

Thanks, I sized the station and the spacing of the buildings based on satellite photos measured as best I could.  The station platform measures 480 feet long.   After paying closer attention to some similar walls at other construction sites on the trip earlier this year, I had noticed that brown was never used and that's something I do plan to change.

I have now posted on my blog some additional photos of the layout.

http://tokyo-in-nscale.blogspot.com/

Brad

Brad,

Thanks for the photos! Great stuff! Nice to put a face to you guys as well!

Cheers,

Jeff

Edited by cteno4