Buses!

marknewton

I've been shopping around for some suitable buses to park "ekimae", and recently got these two. The bus in the rear is an Isuzu BX141 "bonnet bus", a diecast model from Creative Master Northcord. It is described as 1/76th scale, but a few minutes work with the scale rule shows it is almost exactly 1/80th scale. The front bus is a Fuji Heavy Industries FHI 5E, as recently produced by Tomix in their Bus Collection 80 range. After a little detailing work and some weathering, they'll be layout ready.

Although I'm mainly interested in trains and trams, I have a bit of a soft spot for older buses. If you've got Japanese buses in any scale, let's see 'em!

3448359613_e9b600d7f9_b.jpg

All the best,

Mark.

We got a bus measum in nearby Harrisburg, PA. They use to have a yearly bus festival at the CAT garage. Bus Fanning is pretty rare in the states, unlike the UK.

Sushi Train

Probably because calling it [shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300][glow=red,2,300]Bus Fanning[/glow][/glow][/shadow] is totally lame!  ;D

I have to say, im very impressed with the detail in that size, great find mark.

Yes, I reckon they're great finds too!   

The Tomix range of road vehicles in 1/80th scale is all very impressive in terms of detail and finish. Whn I get a chance, I'll post some photos of their other models that I have, all of which are to a similar high standard.

Cheers,

Mark.

Mark - get ye to the bus museum on the Princes Hwy Arncliffe. You'd love it.

I do love it! The Truck and Bus Museum at Tempe and the Sydney Tramway Museum are closely affiliated, which means that we're familiar faces down there. And I'm glad to hear that you've been there and enjoyed your visit, Tempe needs all the support it can get at the moment.

3455626516_d0e89037a3_o.jpg

That's my wife Paula in front of the 'deckers.

3454860527_52f700efb4_o.jpg

Paula and I with the tramway's pre-WW2 Leyland halfcab. We're dressed up for a 1940s theme day we held a few years back.

(As you might gather, we never miss an opportunity to play "dress-ups" and have a bit of fun!)

All the best,

Mark.

Probably because calling it [shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300][glow=red,2,300]Bus Fanning[/glow][/glow][/shadow] is totally lame!  ;D

Could be worse - over here we call them bus gunzels... ;)

Cheers,

Mark.

Sushi Train

Could be worse - over here we call them bus gunzels... ;)

Cheers,

Mark.

thats a funny name, over here we'd call em "chazzwazzers" (Simpsons Australia episode)   ;D

We got a bus measum in nearby Harrisburg, PA. They use to have a yearly bus festival at the CAT garage. Bus Fanning is pretty rare in the states, unlike the UK.

I had a look at their website. They have a very interesting collection by the looks of it. The 1927 Fageol is a machine I wouldn't mind working on!

Cheers,

Mark.

thats a funny name, over here we'd call em chaz woza's (Simpsons Australia episode)   ;D

It is, and one with a convoluted origin. But you've got me interested, what's a "chaz woza" when it's at home. I know of the Simpsons, but I've only ever seen two or three programs, so the reference went straight through to the keeper...  ;D

Sushi Train

thats a funny name, over here we'd call em chaz woza's (Simpsons Australia episode)   ;D

It is, and one with a convoluted origin. But you've got me interested, what's a "chaz woza" when it's at home. I know of the Simpsons, but I've only ever seen two or three programs, so the reference went straight through to the keeper...  ;D

Bart brings into Australia a bull frog which he releases, which then mates with a Kangaroo  ::) and starts to multiply.

Meanwhile, in a souvenir store...

Lisa: Mom, you said I could have one souvenir, right?  Well I want the

didgeridoo.  [plays it] [glow=red,2,300]***THIS IS VERY CULTURALLY INSENSITIVE AS FEMALES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY THEM***[/glow]

Marge: Mmm, that seems very noisy and expensive for a souvenir.  Mmm,

why don't you get this nice cap?  ["Pobody's Nerfect in

Australia"] It's clever...just like you.  Hmm?  Hmm?

Owner: [sweeping a bunch of toads out] Get out, get out!  Shoo, shoo.

Get out of here, yuck!  These bloody things are everywhere.

They're in the lift, in the lorry, in the bond wizard, and all

over the malonga gilderchuck.

Clerk: They're like kangaroos, but they're reptiles, they is.

Marge: We have them in America.  They're called bullfrogs.

Clerk: What?  That's an odd name.  I'd have called them "chazzwazzers".

[glow=red,2,300]Yet again I have managed to hijack a topic, sorry[/glow]

Don't apologise, you've given me a good laugh! :D

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with a bit of topic drift, I think we all enjoy going off on a tangent now and again.

Cheers,

Mark.

Sushi Train

Don't apologise, you've given me a good laugh! :D

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with a bit of topic drift, I think we all enjoy going off on a tangent now and again.

Cheers,

Mark.

You're welcome  ;D

alpineaustralia
And I'm glad to hear that you've been there and enjoyed your visit, Tempe needs all the support it can get at the moment.

Why do you say they need all the support that can get at the moment?

Why do you say they need all the support that can get at the moment?

Our "beloved" state government has been trying to sell the site to some of their developer mates for a while now, without offering the museum any alternate accomodation, or compensation for breach of contract. Their most recent tactic has been to insist on the museum closing because it cannot meet the fire safety standards that govern commercial properties such as pubs, clubs, etc.

As a dyed-in-the-wool lefty it pains me to say it, but our current ALP state government are truly a pack of useless dumb bastards...  >:(

Cheers,

Mark.

Ouch, reminds me of what happened here. Been to Seattle lately?  They wiped out the Seattle Waterfront Trolley (which was just put in place in 1982 and featured a former set of trams for AU) .

So this:

Seattle_Alaska_Way.JPG

Is now 'history', for this:

2414860949_c806a3ba73.jpg?v=0

The city had 'promised' back when they eliminated the trolley that they would restore service, but that promise appears to be broken due to other construction projects and a poor economy.  I expect we will never see these historic trolleys plying the waterfront ever again (you can, however, get your fill of post-modern 'sculpture' at our new sculpture park).

Next on the Seattle City Council's list is to get rid of the amusement park at the Space Needle, so that the liberal yuppies can have more paces to 'stroll and enjoy a glass of wine' (in the words of one city council member).

The irony of the leadership in Seattle just never ceases to amaze me.

SubwayHypes

dont even get me started on buses!

tomytecbuscollection2.jpg

trucksandbuses.jpg

busyard002.jpg

busyard001.jpg

HighInTheSky001.jpg

some taggers invaded my busyard and vandalized my buses, but it was easily cleaned off with paint thinner and Q-tips

prizedbuses.jpg

my eventual goal is to have a 30-40 deep Tokyo Green bus collection, i have about a half dozen other random buses too.

SubwayHypes

i also got a few more i havent taken pictures of yet, and a few more in the mail.

check out ebay for good deals on buses, i usually find them at under 10 bucks shipped a pop.

I have a bus I bought in Akiba last eyar, that needs a sister from, collection 11 I think. I should post that one here and see if anyone has a spare. It's white with a diagonal blue and red stripe.

SubwayHypes

Wow i like this collection better, i love that tokyo green bus, and the light blue/white buses look pretty cool too.

10050124a2.jpg

Ouch, reminds me of what happened here. Been to Seattle lately?  They wiped out the Seattle Waterfront Trolley (which was just put in place in 1982 and featured a former set of trams for AU).

I'd heard of this operation - I didn't realise it had gotten the chop. I'm sorry that you've lost your streetcars, I'd be spewing!

What happened to the trams? They're Melbourne W2s, by the way. Not particularly attractive cars IMO, but easy to maintain and very rugged and long-lived.

The city had 'promised' back when they eliminated the trolley that they would restore service, but that promise appears to be broken due to other construction projects and a poor economy.  I expect we will never see these historic trolleys plying the waterfront ever again (you can, however, get your fill of post-modern 'sculpture' at our new sculpture park).

Sculpture? Is that what it is?  :P  ( 'kenawful' is what I reckon it is. )

The irony of the leadership in Seattle just never ceases to amaze me.

Irony, or idiocy?  ;D 

Either way, it's hard to imagine why you'd scrap a relatively new tramway and replace it with utter rubbish like that. Where your city officials bribed?

All the best,

Mark.