Hello everyone, I just joined this forum.

nscalestation

nscalestation

Hi,  I'm Brad Myers from California.

I'm an N scale modeler and have been since 1968.  For several years now I've been collecting model sets of Japanese trains that my wife and I have ridden in Japan.  She is originally from Japan and visits every couple of years or so.   I have gone with her to Japan 5 times now.

I am active in the Peninsula Ntrak Club in the SF Bay area and sometimes run my Japanese trains on the Ntrak layouts along with my American trains.   

Another modular standard I am involved with is AsiaNrail designed by Paul Ingraham who is the one who made me aware of this forum.  Most of the layout sections were done by Paul, my contribution so far consists of a 6 foot long Tokyo scene.  I have a blog about those modules and other things related to modeling Japanese railroads at http://www.tokyo-in-nscale.blogspot.com

I also have been doing N scale DCC decoder installs for about 20 years now and am real close to having decoders in all my American locos.  Just getting started now on DCC in my Japanese stuff.

So I look forward to checking in here from time to time to learn and share.

Brad

Edited by nscalestation
  • Like 2

Hello Mr Brad,

Welcome to this forum.  I see your collection of Japanese trains is quite diverse.  I am fan of E257 and 201 series.  They are great trains, aren't they?

Hello Brad,

Welcome. Boy now with captain oblivious out there as well in the bay area i think you guys have the other main concentration of japanese n scalers in the us along with us in washington dc! I grew up in oakland and then Monterey and then Berkeley grad school and lived in berkeley and oakland for quite a while later, now DC. Miss the bay area (but not the housing prices or traffic!)

Look forward to sharing stuff on the list here with us all and having an AsiaNrails member active here! ive kept track of your blog now and then over the years as well, so few japanese sites around! great stuff. love to hear more about the progress of your modules, start a thread on them in the personal projects, would be wonderful to see!

cheers

jeff

Brad - Welcome to the forum! That is a really nice blog you've set up and I like the free paper graphics.

Bernard

Hello Brad,

Nice blog, I liked very much your last post about buildings!!! What is the use of that building? Living?

Cheers,

Dani.

CaptOblivious

I've /really/ got to find a way out to the peninsula some evening when y'all are meeting…

nscalestation

Thanks for the welcome guys !

I've been checking out things on the forum, and find it's really a good one.  Wished I had joined sooner but here I am now.  Now to answer some questions:

• Glad to hear some ones using the graphics I posted on the blog.  I've got more so I'll get that updated / organized.
  • No idea what that narrow building is used for, the ground floor appeared to be commercial but it was early on a Sunday morning and the steel roll down doors were shut.  From the windows the upstairs did not look residential to me but it could be possible.

Hi Brad,Welcome from New Zealand. great info on your blog. I was reading about your work in 3D printing and how to clean up the models prior to painting with toothpaste. A friend here in NZ is designing models and getting printed by Shapeways, but the finish has not always been of a nice result,so i advised him of your blog and the info. Will know soon how he gets on when his new models arrive from Shapeways. Thanks again for the info. John

Edited by beakaboy