Tomix and DCC

Martijn Meerts

3 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Shouldn't be too hard, it may be slightly visible through the window but tomix trains are usually a pretty straightforward wired install.

I can send them your way Kiha66 when you have some time to work on them. Don't suppose ESU makes any locsound for Shinkansens.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I can send them your way Kiha66 when you have some time to work on them. Don't suppose ESU makes any locsound for Shinkansens.

Use whatever you are standardizing on.  I believe you can load your own soundfiles if you have the ESU programmer.  (I am standardizing on D&H decoders and sound modules for that reason)

Sadly as far as I'm aware there are no sound files on the market for a shinkansen.  Hopefully someone will make one eventually!  I have a feeling kato will do a sound card sooner or later, but I really wish they'd sell the sound files for decoders as well.

42 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

Sadly as far as I'm aware there are no sound files on the market for a shinkansen.  Hopefully someone will make one eventually!  I have a feeling kato will do a sound card sooner or later, but I really wish they'd sell the sound files for decoders as well.

I wonder what this is? 

In another video he states that he recorded the sound and created the sound project by himself, which can be done using ESUs Lokprogrammer.

I remember seeing a japanese website that sold Loksound decoders with sounds for japanese trains on them, but they were quite steep at 23000 Yen per decoder and I'm not sure if they had some for Shinkansen.

Edited by Gryphr
Martijn Meerts

I've done a sound decoder install in an H0 E5, which had mostly custom sounds. For the base running sound I ended up using some ICE sounds considering I couldn't find any usable Shinkansen running / motor sounds. I did add several typical station sounds and jingles and such, partially from some CDs I have, and partially from Youtube videos.

I also ended up creating a custom little soundbox using some 1mm MDF, since the standard plastic soundbox sounded absolutely terrible. Even with the MDF one, the sound quality in general was reasonable at best.

• Like 1
On 11/24/2019 at 7:15 PM, DD13 said:

Anyone did a decoder install in a Tomix DD13?

Not DD13, but DD51(similar construction). One locomotive is Kato, one is Tomix. Decoder is Locommander II micro, Train-o-Matic. Is not complete, because I waiting for tantalum capacitor.

IMG_20210102_173631.jpg

• Like 5

Last year I got this Tomix EF81 locomotive and twilight express passenger car set from auction site.

Seemed last owner didn’t know how to use digital converted locomotive at his layout at all.

Sold as a junk set. Kinda gambling to bid the set. Some improvement required, but I am happy to run this set because I had a chance to take this real train just before terminated the service. 

Found out DCC address is 81 with my DCC controller.
Definitely DCC lover sold this set to previous owner for some reason.

• Like 2