Kato HO E5

I experimented were to place the speaker, instead of messing with the weight, and firing the speaker down, I installing it in the cabin in the area that has no windows. Only thing it is not done, is because my decoder went bad, and I had to send it in to get repaired. I did located speaker and tested in the area before it went bad, and worked great. Can't wait till I can run it on the layout.

Wouldn't that mean the speaker sits on top of one of the bogies and the sound is obstructed in all sorts of strange ways?

(it might not be a bother for most people to be honest. I'm just fairly critical when it comes to sound quality in general, which is why I refuse to install sound in anything smaller than H0, and even H0 has it's limits :))

Installing the speaker above the boggie area, did not effect the sound at all. The sound quality is great, no additional sounds IE the boggie motors. I guess if the speaker is big enough it should work. I used the ESU speaker that came with the decoder. The only thing I did have to do is to balance the CV's for the motor operation in both driver cars, one wanted to go faster, and the other brake faster than the other. I my guess the difference in Decoders. Also I had to turn the max speed down some. It would fly at first, to the point that I thought it would fly off the layout..

post-2445-0-85359900-1404134509_thumb.jpg

Guest Closed Account 1

Great job on the install pics.

Kato is using N-Gauge electronics in the HO. Same light boards. Looks like it.