Tomytec - Painted & Anything Model Bus Related

JR 500系

Takahashi town just got delivered a brand new fleet of buses from the latest Bus Collection 20 series...

post-819-0-65453900-1467608414_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-48953000-1467608421_thumb.jpg

A fleet of 12 buses as usual in a box.... WAIT A MINUTE... Did someone spot something weird??

Yes you are right! That Yellow bus is the SPECIAL! Yes I finally got a special after buying so many boxes! I have bought full boxes of collection 9, 11, 14, 17, 18 & 19 and I only got 1 special bus from the box from collection 11..... The rest were all normal...

post-819-0-41704200-1467608424_thumb.jpg

Collection 20 Special bus featured an older bus... not quite my liking but...

post-819-0-20390700-1467608428_thumb.jpg

It's a Toei bus!

post-819-0-85736500-1467608429_thumb.jpg

Yes it is a SPECIAL ALRIGHT~

I'm happy, yes I am! I haven't got a special from a box set for sometime now so, yeh i'm happy, even if I don't personally like that bus model... And then it struck to me... With a special in a box means you will be missing one regular model... And guess which regular model I am missing that made me quit unhappy?  

zzzz....

• Like 2

Takahashi town just got delivered a brand new fleet of buses from the latest Bus Collection 20 series...

Yes it is a SPECIAL ALRIGHT~

I'm happy, yes I am! I haven't got a special from a box set for sometime now so, yeh i'm happy, even if I don't personally like that bus model... And then it struck to me... With a special in a box means you will be missing one regular model... And guess which regular model I am missing that made me quit unhappy?  

zzzz....

Wow, I did not know that the secret model was in place of one of the twelve published ones. I should receive my "bus collection 20" Tuesday or Wednesday so i I will find out which ones I will get. Personally, i want the NSK models more than the FHI ones so I will be disappointed especially if I don't get get the Toei, Hankyu, Keio, and Nishitetsu NSK models. I am a little surprised the secret model is an FHI 3E as those buses would be from 30+ years ago.

Wow, I did not know that the secret model was in place of one of the twelve published ones. I should receive my "bus collection 20" Tuesday or Wednesday so i I will find out which ones I will get. Personally, i want the NSK models more than the FHI ones so I will be disappointed especially if I don't get get the Toei, Hankyu, Keio, and Nishitetsu NSK models. I am a little surprised the secret model is an FHI 3E as those buses would be from 30+ years ago.

Yap me too... I would expect the NSK model to be a special too but.... The unpainted model in the case is also an FHI model.. Very boring indeed to me as I'm not really into the older type models....

The worse of my set is that it actually replace one of my favourite NSK model with the special model... The bad thing of getting specials in the box is one model will be missing, as there are only 12 models in a set, so with the special model one regular model will be missing...

Yap me too... I would expect the NSK model to be a special too but.... The unpainted model in the case is also an FHI model.. Very boring indeed to me as I'm not really into the older type models....

The worse of my set is that it actually replace one of my favourite NSK model with the special model... The bad thing of getting specials in the box is one model will be missing, as there are only 12 models in a set, so with the special model one regular model will be missing...

That would be disappointing, but I assume you would buy a single one from somewhere like Rakuten or Yahoo. Unfortunately, Toei models tend to be the most expensive ones.

The Kanto area bus operators seemed to have a very special relationship with FHI, and TomyTec seems to have this same preference for FHI/against NSK. For example, set 11 has onlt two 96MC one step buses, and set 16 has many more FHI buses than NSK ones. It wasn't really until the late 1990s that NSK body buses began to appear in Kanto (other than the 42MC Keisei buses which I think were manufactured under license) so in a way I understand the bias. But still, NSK stayed on the market a lot longer than FHI, and the Nissan Diesel JP models were exclusively NSK even before FHI left the bus body manufacturing business. So I would have hoped TomyTec would have more newer bus models (i.e. NSKs) in this set.

Because I grew up in Japan in the 1960s (although I am an American), I do like seeing some older models released. Still, it seems like most of them should be somewhat current models. For example, a Tokyu or Keikyu Nissan Diesel JP/NSK would have been very cool.
  • Like 1

That's really cool mukade san... I like the buses for their details, but the older type in the Showa period doesn't really appeal to me sorry...

Finally found some pictures regarding the Overseas buses that will come with the moving bus system that Tomytec is making soon....

img20160429.png

I do see a potential here for that moving bus chassis for a truck. It seems pretty long wheel base..

• Like 2

I received my Bus Collection 20 set today, and luckily, there was no secret model in it. I have my Toei NSK bus!

It seems to me that the FHI 3E models have a somewhat jagged cut on the left side of the windshield that shows up in certain lighting, but overall these all look very realistic to me. Hopefully, more of these models will show up in the operators custom-made limited edition ("K series") sets.

Toei NSK 1

Toei NSK buses: JP model in foreground, UA and RA 96MC models in background

Nishi Tokyo FHI

Nishi-Tokyo FHI buses: JP model in foreground

Keio NSK 1

Keio NSK buses: JP model in foreground, UA 96MC models in background

Nishitetsu NSK 1

Nishitetsu NSK buses: JP 58MC model in foreground, 58MC and 96MC models in background

Kanto Jidosha 1

Kanto Jidosha FHI buses: JP model in foreground

Edited by mukade
  • Like 3

Those are really nice! Thanks for sharing those pictures!

That Toei NSK is really nice, I hate getting the secret but missing this, especially when I am a hardcore Toei bus fan! .... I wished the secret replaced another FHI model, anyone of them in fact, and gave me the Toei NSK....

Wow it seems that you have collections 5, 9 & the Fuji Industries 5 bus sets... nice! I dun have any buses from collection 5, and that CNG Keio bus from collection 5 is one of the buses i'm searching high and low for...

I really hope to see your bus collection in all its glory! Cheers to a fellow bus collector/ lover!  :)

I received my Bus Collection 20 set today, and luckily, there was no secret model in it. I have my Toei NSK bus!

(...)

Kanto Jidosha FHI buses: JP model in foreground

Ooh, nice! I'm kind of eyeballing one or two of those new Kantō Jidōsha buses, as I've grown quite a fan of Utsunomiya and the whole area around there. :)

Those are really nice! Thanks for sharing those pictures!

That Toei NSK is really nice, I hate getting the secret but missing this, especially when I am a hardcore Toei bus fan! .... I wished the secret replaced another FHI model, anyone of them in fact, and gave me the Toei NSK....

Wow it seems that you have collections 5, 9 & the Fuji Industries 5 bus sets... nice! I dun have any buses from collection 5, and that CNG Keio bus from collection 5 is one of the buses i'm searching high and low for...

I really hope to see your bus collection in all its glory! Cheers to a fellow bus collector/ lover!  :)

Actually, set 20 was my first full set. I live in the US so I have ordered individual models thru Rakuten, Yahoo Auctions, and Amazon.jp (using a buying service). From there, i have gotten old models from the numbered series as well as E, K, N, and M series. The JB and LB series can be easily found in eBay in the US (and occasionally from other series). Some of mine have been bought used because they are otherwise impossible to find (like the Keio CNG bus), and I have focused on getting vehicles from Tokyu, Keio, Toei, Osaka, Hankyu, Nishitetsu, and Kanagawa Chuo fleets.

Looking at Yahoo today, and entering "96MC", you find a lot of models for sale: http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?auccat=&tab_ex=commerce&ei=utf-8&aq=-1&oq=&sc_i=&fr=auc_top&p=96mc&x=0&y=0

Keio long 1

Keio mid-sized long buses: Hino Rainbow HR and Nissan Diesel JP/NSK 96MC

Hankyu NSK 1

Hankyu buses: Nissan Diesel JP/NSK in foreground, NSK 96MC and 58MC full size models to the left

Tokyu 1

Tokyu Nissan Diesel/FHI 3E in foreground

Edited by mukade

Bus Collection 21 will be small and medium sized buses. Oh boy. Let's hope a moving bus system motor will be provided as well :3

Is there a 3 door Toei bus? (both irl and as a moving N scale model) Also what bus would match the old Tokyo trams?

Bus Collection 21 will be small and medium sized buses. Oh boy. Let's hope a moving bus system motor will be provided as well :3

Hmm. That is very interesting. How do you know this and when will this be announced? I assume the small bus model will be Hino Poncho and the medium model will be Fuso Aero-Midi or Isuzu Erga Mio models?

I see the five new N gauge Tomytec buses were announced: JR Kyushu (Saga-ken) and Ibaraki Kotsu Isuzu Erga non-step buses (both) and three wrapped coaches.

Hmm. That is very interesting. How do you know this and when will this be announced? I assume the small bus model will be Hino Poncho and the medium model will be Fuso Aero-Midi or Isuzu Erga Mio models?

00-1007.jpg

Hino Poncho are already made by Kato, so I doubt Tomytec will dive into this.

Edited by Kabutoni

00-1007.jpg

Hino Poncho are already made by Kato, so I doubt Tomytec will dive into this.

Thanks for sharing. When do you think this set would this be out?

The Kitamura/Isuzu buses were pretty rare aren't they? I hope there will be some Hino Rainbow II models included.

AFAIK, the Isuzu ERGA Mio buses (on the left side of the poster) are all over the place in Japan. It seems the 21 collection will have the medium sized buses. I'm kind of hoping for a separate Kanachū release, as these run on our local bus line. I'll try to remember to inquire at my contact next Sunday when I see him!

The Isuzu Journey Q (I think a P-MR112D) I haven't seen much, as this is usually a bus seen in very rural areas. I know Kantō Railway has a little fleet in service, so that will probably also be released either in this set or as a separate release. 

Usually only two types of bus are in these sets (with some variations on the base model), so I think there won't be a Hino Rainbow II in this set. It also looks like an Isuzu exclusive set. No release date has been planned yet (officially), but it looks like it can be expected at the end of this year.

Edited by Kabutoni

This is getting really exciting! Also the new solo painted buses are mighty interesting!

10402436b.jpg 

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10402436

I think Jeff san might like this one? It does have Astro boy on it ~~~  :P

10402432b.jpg

image : http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig40/10402432b.jpg

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10402432

Another variant of the Ibaraki Girls and Panzer bus 3

10402428b.jpg 

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10402428

Shimaneko bus in Isuza Gala III Coach bus type. Interesting and nice!

• Like 3

AFAIK, the Isuzu ERGA Mio buses (on the left side of the poster) are all over the place in Japan. It seems the 21 collection will have the medium sized buses. I'm kind of hoping for a separate Kanachū release, as these run on our local bus line. I'll try to remember to inquire at my contact next Sunday when I see him!

The Isuzu Journey Q (I think a P-MR112D) I haven't seen much, as this is usually a bus seen in very rural areas. I know Kantō Railway has a little fleet in service, so that will probably also be released either in this set or as a separate release. 

Usually only two types of bus are in these sets (with some variations on the base model), so I think there won't be a Hino Rainbow II in this set. It also looks like an Isuzu exclusive set. No release date has been planned yet (officially), but it looks like it can be expected at the end of this year.

I agree Erga Mios are so common that they deserve a majority of the models in a set. Set 20 had three distinct models (or four if you distinguish NSK 96MC from NSK 58MC), but I doubt that would happen. The reason why I wondered about the Rainbow II is because it is a variation of the Erga Mio.

As for the Journey-Q, they seem much less common than the Hino Rainbow 7M small bus (at least from my visits to Japan - I could be wrong).

So you are saying there will be a Set 21 and a different mini-bus #2 set?

So you are saying there will be a Set 21 and a different mini-bus #2 set?

The Collection No. 21 will be called the Mini-Bus Collection No. 2 (probably just a colloquial term).

A non-blurred picture:

img20160114t.png

I don't know how prevalent the Journey Q used to be, so it could be a more of a throwback to the 1990s, rather than a contemporary lineup.

Thanks for the picture Toni san! I do hope there wouldn't there be any trouble showing a non-blurred one?

It's interesting that after so long, they finally came out with a mini bus collection, bus collections 18, 19 and 20 were all local bus types... Perhaps 22 could be a tour bus variant?

There doesn't seem to be a box price, but looks like a single piece price at 1000 yen, which seems to be the standard price per piece now for bus collection pieces... (collection 20 started at 1000 yen, 19 was 900 yen) ...

I was reading through Tomytec's website on the new releases and read this:

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/diocolle/lineup/soko/soko014.html

神奈川中央交通 ツインライナー
神姫バス オレンジアロー 連 SANDA

大人気の走行バスシステムに人気の連節バスがついに登場します。
第一弾は東日本地区の神奈川中央交通「ツインライナー」と、西日本地区の神姫バス「オレンジアロー 連 SANDA」の2種が登場します。
今回の新型動力はmicro-USB充電にてボタン電池は不要になりました。
ヘッドライト&テールライトも点灯します。
よりリアルになった走行バスをご期待下さい!
※別途充電用のPC(パソコン)が必要です。無塗装バスは付属しません。

photo01.jpg

If my limited Japanese serve me correct, is the highlighted phrase means working head light and tail light? Exciting!  This might bring the later models of the moving bus chassis to have these functions too!  :)

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 1

The Collection No. 21 will be called the Mini-Bus Collection No. 2 (probably just a colloquial term.

The first minibus collection came out a decade ago but was just called minibus collection vol 1. It was between bus collection vol 8 and 9.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10049312

It was at the height of the collection series where Tomytec was releasing one of the various vehicle collection every 2-3 months and I think they thought there would be a minibus collection series as well as the regular bus collection series. The vehicle series started to slow up later and it looks like now minibuses are just going to be part of the regular bus collection.

Do miss all those collections coming out all the time! Did get expensive but they were a fraction the cost of what they are now! Wish I had bought extras, but I have a good stash of vehicles, but when ever I looks at the box of a couple hundred vehicles I take to shows I realize how horridly expensive it would be to replace that box now (and very difficult as well)! I gulped she I saw the bus collections reach $120 SRP recently...

Cheers,

Jeff

I agree Jeff... It has become much more expensive to get cars now, as there are no more collection boxes to get, with the last one being the car collection 15 that was released Late March 2013. Now the only options to get are the 4 vehicles in a set type... Minimum variants and very costly... Same case with the trucks, but trucks are worse in the sense that there are no 4 vehicles in a set type for sale, just the recent trailer collection 7 from late March 2015...

I do hope Tomytec makes more collection boxes of cars and trucks soon, especially for cars. Of course, bus collections boxes shouldn't stop ~  :P

I was reading through Tomytec's website on the new releases and read this:

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/diocolle/lineup/soko/soko014.html

神奈川中央交通 ツインライナー

神姫バス オレンジアロー 連 SANDA

大人気の走行バスシステムに人気の連節バスがついに登場します。

第一弾は東日本地区の神奈川中央交通「ツインライナー」と、西日本地区の神姫バス「オレンジアロー 連 SANDA」の2種が登場します。

今回の新型動力はmicro-USB充電にてボタン電池は不要になりました。

ヘッドライト&テールライトも点灯します。

よりリアルになった走行バスをご期待下さい!

※別途充電用のPC(パソコン)が必要です。無塗装バスは付属しません。

photo01.jpg

If my limited Japanese serve me correct, is the highlighted phrase means working head light and tail light? Exciting!  This might bring the later models of the moving bus chassis to have these functions too!  :)

Correct.

• Like 1

yes i would love it if they would start the collection series up again or at least maybe every 4-6 months re-release one as they have all the moulds and packaging stuff done! but if they mark them up >150% like they have the bus series it wont be so much of a deal, but at least there would be variety for new modelers! I would not be happy to try to get a good variety of vehicles from the current small pack releases, the busses are the only ones they seem to keep variety in in these but thats from the big bus collector crowd. I thought tomytec would be doing more variety in the small pack vehicles eventually when they brought those in and pretty much killed the collection series, but they seemed to have pooped out on those and prices have slowly risen on them as well.

the hay day was 2006-2010 when something in the vehicle or town collections were being released > every 1.5 months! Pretty much crashed in 2011 Q3... I guess the business just got saturated and did not make sense for them outside the bus series anymore. sad.

jeff