Tomytec - Painted & Anything Model Bus Related

JR 500系

The Only problem I have with the moving bus is that only the buses move and the cars are stationary. Works if a more lonely road and jsut the bus is there, but weaving around stationary cars gives it an odd post apocalyptic feel!

I have seen live foliage in Japan in the summer that it all seems to be a vivid green w variations not standing out as it can be so green. Also many of those mountainsides do seem to have more uniform coverage species wise in some areas, so more uniform coloring.

Jeff

Yup, perfectly normal for spring/summer in many parts of Japan, it does get more colourful in autumn.

The Only problem I have with the moving bus is that only the buses move and the cars are stationary. Works if a more lonely road and jsut the bus is there, but weaving around stationary cars gives it an odd post apocalyptic feel!

I thought they were parked ;).

• Like 1

Yup. Japan is very easy to model if you go for a late spring summer feeling. Just one type of green.

Also, cars can be parked/stopped in the strangest places here. It's not a totally unrealistic setting with all the cars along the roadside. :P

Wow, that's impressive Sammy!  Well, you are the forum bus guru after all so I really shouldn't be surprised.   :)

Thanks Junior, but I aint no guru ~ More like a freak for buses ~ Some call it a disease ~  :P

I do get this feeling too Jeff... But it would be chaotic to have both buses and cars running all over the place now, wouldn't it?  :)

I would hope to have Tomytec come up with a moving bus system that can actually negotiate with the automated railway crossing system, something like what this guy did:

Off Topic, someone did a N scale moving bus and tram in Hong Kong scenery ~ Cool!

Someone did a really fun thing to the moving bus system here:

It seems like the buses were fitted with some sort of sensor that will stop the bus when it meets an obstruction. Cool!

Edited by JR 500系

Railway crossing: It's possible to add a wire connection between the tomix automatic crossing and the stop sections, so when the crossing gates go down, the stop magnets slides in. The crossing gate actuator bars are moving horizontally under the roadbed, so it's easier to connect the two.

For the buses, i suspect the stop magnet sensors have been moved (or duplicated if it has an open collector output) on the fronts and the backs of the buses have small permanent magnets that trigger this sensor. This would allow crossing gates too, as a small magnet on the crossing gate arm would stop any bus going too close to it.

That is a nice solution to put the Hall effect sensor to the front. Can you run one in parallel with the other bottom pause magnet?

Jeff

That's what i was writing. Some sensors have open collector outputs, like the Tomix TCS sensors, where you can connect lots of them on the same bus and the circuit provides a logical OR connection, so any sensor could trigger the stop function. I don't know how it is wired irl, but there is a possibility that this function can be added with minimal hacking. The alternative would be to move the sensor or add two new open collector sensors (front and bottom) and a pull up resistor.

Railway crossing: It's possible to add a wire connection between the tomix automatic crossing and the stop sections, so when the crossing gates go down, the stop magnets slides in. The crossing gate actuator bars are moving horizontally under the roadbed, so it's easier to connect the two.

For the buses, i suspect the stop magnet sensors have been moved (or duplicated if it has an open collector output) on the fronts and the backs of the buses have small permanent magnets that trigger this sensor. This would allow crossing gates too, as a small magnet on the crossing gate arm would stop any bus going too close to it.

That was a nice idea for the crossing ~ I'm thinking of some modification using the 'stop' road piece that Tomytec has released for the junction and use them in front of the crossing ~

Would it then also release the 'Stop' function when the railway crossing gates goes up? Otherwise the bus is stuck at the crossing...

I understand a little regarding the magnets, but my poor electrical knowledge couldn't assist me in the sensors... The last video is great for mimicking road traffic hold-up situations!

And avoiding the pesky tailgating when you run two busses on the same route!

Ok I was thinking of tearing into the new bus mech I have here, now I think I have to! (Close your eyes jr500 it could get ugly!)

Jeff

If the stop section's magnet is moved by the crossing gate motor through the horizontal bar under the crossing, then it stops and lets go in synch with the gate arms. The exit gates close later so a bus can't get trapped in the middle.

I have pre-ordered mine!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10372878

10372878b.jpg 

Along with its storage case!

And some very interesting sets like the re-make of the bus station and garage into 1 set:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10372914

10372914.jpg

The re-release of the bus turn table set:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10372916

10372916.jpg

And this never announced before bus station set:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10372913

10372913a.jpg 

10372913a2.jpg 

10372913a3.jpg 

June is going to be a bus month!  :)

• Like 3

Had some packing recently to my bus collections with the arrival of the bus cases... and seriously discover I now NEED to start cataloguing the buses... They are times where I thought I didn't had that particular bus and went ahead to buy again, making multiple copies...

I also too have quite a fair number of 'blank' uncoloured buses that came with the bus cases:

post-819-0-08958500-1455358887_thumb.jpg

I think I need to start looking at how to paint some of these buses...

Minibuses seem to be in the limelight these few days!

post-819-0-08529300-1455358890_thumb.jpg

Missing the Keio bus M001 only... with some more buses on the way to complete the collection...

post-819-0-32347400-1455359077_thumb.jpg

Quick question, does anyone know about the small 'point' tag on the upper right hand corners of the All Island Bus collection? (the one that states JB30) It seems to be some points system and perhaps can be used to exchange some rare bus sets?

And this never announced before bus station set:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10372913

10372913a.jpg 

10372913a2.jpg 

10372913a3.jpg 

June is going to be a bus month!  :)

Forget the buses, this looks like an excellent candidate for kitbashing into a station building on a small private railway. Those railings look like useful detail items too.

• Like 1

Guys quick question. Please view the video below:

I would like to ask about anyone with Tram tracks as I do not have them... Will the moving bus system run over the tram track as smoothly as shown in the video; i.e. no modifications required? This would surely help me in the planning of a moving bus cross-over tracks railway crossing...  :)

Thank you in advance!

The tram tracks have the slots for the guide wires but don't have them installed. You have to get some and install it any way you like it. (diagonal crossings are allowed too)

The tram tracks have the slots for the guide wires but don't have them installed. You have to get some and install it any way you like it. (diagonal crossings are allowed too)

Thank you kvp san! I'll be needing some Tram tracks for my bus cross-overs! But need a way to ensure the trains and buses don't collide....

Wonderful idea for a incline/ decline!

Definitely wanna adopt this ~~

And how I wished Tomytec would release this!

Nothing like a really cute Rillakuma bus, that will fit nicely with the previous Rillakuma bus 1 & 2 ~~

• Like 2

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/diocolle/news/20160225/index.html

http://www.tokyubus.co.jp/top/news/001114.html

New Tokyu Bus original set with a pair of Nissan Diesel/FHI 7Es, slated for release on 28 April.

??

It's strange how I can get this set even before it is released....

post-819-0-79290000-1456472677_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-39932900-1456472680_thumb.jpg

I thought it was a released set from long ago... But seems like I became a pirate....  :(

??

It's strange how I can get this set even before it is released....

attachicon.gif20160226_153946.jpg

attachicon.gif20160226_154045.jpg

I thought it was a released set from long ago... But seems like I became a pirate....  :(

The box seems to be missing a lot of manufacture details.  Motor car logo is off.  Orange collection coin text is missing. Etc.  You just got a pre-pre-pre-release version. haha

edit//  Never mind, the below official Tomytec set is the same.

tomytec-bc-tokyu_large.jpg?v=1395417632

Edited by katoftw

The box seems to be missing a lot of manufacture details.  Motor car logo is off.  Orange collection coin text is missing. Etc.  You just got a pre-pre-pre-release version. haha

edit//  Never mind, the below official Tomytec set is the same.

tomytec-bc-tokyu_large.jpg?v=1395417632

HHmmm... more like I got a pirated version that escaped the factory...

That's the previous released set right? The special painted bus to celebrate the 60th Anniversary...

Edited by JR 500系