Tomytec - Painted & Anything Model Bus Related

JR 500系

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:29 AM, mukade said:

This is my Nishitetsu fleet after receiving the set 25 models today (i.e. the Isuzu Erga on the middle shelf):

1362765744_Nishitetsubuses.thumb.png.52f28af86c0d717bcb9a4d87439e9257.png

I'm loving the stand the more I look at it each time ~~ Very nice indeed! Gotta have a chance to display my buses soon!

I'm actually very much interested in the lower deck Toei buses though ~  🙂

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:51 AM, mukade said:

The entire list of buses in volume 26 has been released and can be seen here. Some of the companies represented include Keio, Fujikyu, Hokutetsu, Chugoku Bus, Miyazaki Kotsu, and Oita Bus. This set will be released in June.

Also, two Hello Kitty wrapping bus models from the Kita-Kyushu-Shi Kotsu Kyoku (i.e. city bus) will be released in June and can be seen here.

I'm not so sure of the volume 26... it seems to be repetitive now, or is it losing its novity?  I'll still get it though, for completion sake ~

The Hello Kitty bus is a no brainer for me, probably 2 each? One for display in mint condition and one for running around the city ~  🙂

On 2/3/2019 at 11:51 AM, mukade said:

Also, two Hello Kitty wrapping bus models from the Kita-Kyushu-Shi Kotsu Kyoku (i.e. city bus) will be released in June and can be seen here.

Weirdly I was wondering whether Tomytec would release this as I was walking to the station this morning.

Might have to pick one of these up. The top one I see every morning on my commute and I only have one lonely green/white Kitakyushu bus being bullied by the Nishitetsus. There’s a big stuffed Kitty toy sitting in the front most luggage area. Nice to watch the salarymen duck down in their seats when they’re riding this bus to work. Perhaps a new line for Tomytec to consider in their range of people.

Christmas was especially girly.

5F4422F1-BF8B-448D-BF4B-88D8A664B1C6.jpeg

1D64870A-A64E-4509-B168-1B7EB509EB64.jpeg

1C5BFC12-4E01-43EB-B64C-DE7DB521EED0.jpeg

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 1
57 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

I'm not so sure of the volume 26... it seems to be repetitive now, or is it losing its novity?  I'll still get it though, for completion sake ~

The Hello Kitty bus is a no brainer for me, probably 2 each? One for display in mint condition and one for running around the city ~  🙂

I like the two models represented in volume 26 for these reasons:

1) The 1990s Hino Rainbow RJ model is ubiquitous in the less populated areas. If you ever want to have sets with Shikoku companies, for example, you need this one. Also, this model just looks a lot different than the one that came out in volume 6 - both the location of the air conditioner on the roof and the window size.

2) The new Isuzu Erga Mio (and presumably Hino Rainbow II) go along with the recent trend of having the majority of the current models - of which there aren't many anymore. Also, when it comes to purchase of new buses, there are a lot of fleets with only midis. Fukui Tetsudo, Tokushima Bus, and Miyazaki Kotsu (which is in the set). So if we ever want to see such fleets, they need a good variety of midi models.

If they continue the pattern, the December, 2019 release will have coaches. If so, there are lots of choices including the super high decker Selega/Gala, super high decker Aero Queen, or the short versions of the Selega and Aero Ace.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

I'm actually very much interested in the lower deck Toei buses though ~  🙂

I have more Toei buses than will fit in the case, unfortunately. I will see if i can take a pic of that one.

For JR buses, i have them displayed in a different type of case because there are so many of them. I will also take a pic when i get a chance.

15 hours ago, Kamome said:

Weirdly I was wondering whether Tomytec would release this as I was walking to the station this morning.

Might have to pick one of these up. The top one I see every morning on my commute and I only have one lonely green/white Kitakyushu bus being bullied by the Nishitetsus. There’s a big stuffed Kitty toy sitting in the front most luggage area. Nice to watch the salarymen duck down in their seats when they’re riding this bus to work. Perhaps a new line for Tomytec to consider in their range of people.

Christmas was especially girly.

Thanks for the pictures! I must say, the salary men must hate it quite a fair bit, but to me, it's pretty cute!

15 hours ago, mukade said:

I like the two models represented in volume 26 for these reasons:

1) The 1990s Hino Rainbow RJ model is ubiquitous in the less populated areas. If you ever want to have sets with Shikoku companies, for example, you need this one. Also, this model just looks a lot different than the one that came out in volume 6 - both the location of the air conditioner on the roof and the window size.

2) The new Isuzu Erga Mio (and presumably Hino Rainbow II) go along with the recent trend of having the majority of the current models - of which there aren't many anymore. Also, when it comes to purchase of new buses, there are a lot of fleets with only midis. Fukui Tetsudo, Tokushima Bus, and Miyazaki Kotsu (which is in the set). So if we ever want to see such fleets, they need a good variety of midi models.

If they continue the pattern, the December, 2019 release will have coaches. If so, there are lots of choices including the super high decker Selega/Gala, super high decker Aero Queen, or the short versions of the Selega and Aero Ace.

Wow gotta call you the bus encyclopaedia! I am still hoping they do more of those lovely printed liveries... or at least, re-release some of the older models like the Keio CNG bus in volume 5 which I really want... Have a soft spot for these CNG buses...

14 hours ago, mukade said:

I have more Toei buses than will fit in the case, unfortunately. I will see if i can take a pic of that one.

For JR buses, i have them displayed in a different type of case because there are so many of them. I will also take a pic when i get a chance.

Yeah that would be very interesting to see indeed!  🙂

9 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Wow gotta call you the bus encyclopaedia! I am still hoping they do more of those lovely printed liveries... or at least, re-release some of the older models like the Keio CNG bus in volume 5 which I really want... Have a soft spot for these CNG buses...

🙂

Watch the Japanese TV Series "Local Rosen Bus Noritsugi no Tabi". The premise of the series is that the three people have to go from an assigned origin and to an assigned destination by only taking local buses within four days. In other words, the team cannot take high speed coaches that use expressways, as they go from point A to point B. They cannot use computers or the internet for planning, but they can ask local people. If there is no bus service on a segment, they have to walk.

Although it is completely anecdotal, note how many rural bus rides are on Hino Rainbows and Isuzu Erga Mios. Here is a link to one episode (I think this one is from Sakaiminato in Tottori prefecture to Hirado in Nagasaki prefecture.

I also like the wrapped buses, but I would like to see some of the commercial wraps as well (like Coca Cola) - not just the anime and characters.

I would also like to see a re-release of some of the earlier series as the level of detail and accuracy has improved over time. As far as modern buses go, there especially seems to be a gap with NSK models. A large number of fleets had them even though there are relatively few Tomytec models. Moreover, there appears to only be two molds (variations) for the 96MC buses so they can't even issue a Hankyu 96MC one step with creating a new mold, for example. They don't  have the full size 96MC two step model or the  NSK UD RM (midi) series also.

I am a little surprised that there weren't more CNG models released back in the day. 

This is a picture of my Keio fleet taken from my phone. The Toei and JR pictures had too much glare so i will need to wait until the lighting is better.

Keio fleet.jpg

Edited by mukade
Added photo
  • Like 3
16 hours ago, mukade said:

Watch the Japanese TV Series "Local Rosen Bus Noritsugi no Tabi". The premise of the series is that the three people have to go from an assigned origin and to an assigned destination by only taking local buses within four days. In other words, the team cannot take high speed coaches that use expressways, as they go from point A to point B. They cannot use computers or the internet for planning, but they can ask local people. If there is no bus service on a segment, they have to walk.

Although it is completely anecdotal, note how many rural bus rides are on Hino Rainbows and Isuzu Erga Mios. Here is a link to one episode (I think this one is from Sakaiminato in Tottori prefecture to Hirado in Nagasaki prefecture.

I also like the wrapped buses, but I would like to see some of the commercial wraps as well (like Coca Cola) - not just the anime and characters.

I would also like to see a re-release of some of the earlier series as the level of detail and accuracy has improved over time. As far as modern buses go, there especially seems to be a gap with NSK models. A large number of fleets had them even though there are relatively few Tomytec models. Moreover, there appears to only be two molds (variations) for the 96MC buses so they can't even issue a Hankyu 96MC one step with creating a new mold, for example. They don't  have the full size 96MC two step model or the  NSK UD RM (midi) series also.

I am a little surprised that there weren't more CNG models released back in the day. 

Yeah I watch that series too...Ebisu san is usually the comic relieve haha ~ Though we can see quite a fair bit of different buses in the show... 

The CNG buses looks really nice, just that there aint many of them around.. I love the Toei buses the most for their liveries, though Nishitetsu buses are nice too ~ 

By the way, thanks for sharing that picture! I see you even label your bus display box!  🙂

It is a great TV series. As i live in the US, I only have YouTube to watch. Too bad Ebisu-san is no longer on in the "Z" series. I agree there are a wide variety of buses that they ride, but in rural areas they are a lot of these midis - and even vans that act as community buses. 

As far as CNG buses go, I agree they weren't too common, and i wish they had more models. Kobe had at least five types at one time, (Erga, NSK 96MC full size and midi, Aero Star, and Erga Mio). That is an example of a fleet that is under-represented in the series. I wonder why they have such an uneven distribution of fleets.

Yep, the cases are labeled so i know where each one is. Attached is a photo of the Keikyu Group fleet which includes Kawasaki Tsurumi Rinko.

Keikyu-collection.jpg

The JR Bus coach display is a large acrylic display box that I found for $20 USD at the container store (on sale). The buses are displayed on an adjustable spice rack that i think cost around $5.00. Apologies for the glare in the photo, but that gives you the idea of an affordable way to display a large fleet. All that said, all the JR Bus transit/route buses would not fit in this case so 15 of those models are displayed in a smaller case. This JR Bus fleet does not include every model that has been released by Tomytec, unfortunately.

JR_Bus_display.jpg

Edited by mukade
Added JR Bus display
  • Like 3

More Tomytec bus releases slated for June 2019!

The All Japan Bus Collection [JB067] Bando Bus (Chiba Area)  and [JB068] Keihan Bus (Kyoto/Osaka/Shiga Area)

The Bus Collection Kitakyushu City Transportation Bureau Hello Kitty Bus #1 (Family Ver.)

The Bus Collection Kitakyushu City Transportation Bureau Hello Kitty Bus #2 (Ribbon Ver.)

The Bus Collection Vol.26 (12 Types + Secret/Set of 12)

And 6 European bus models! I like the Citaro!

「ワールドバスコレクション GMC TDH4512(黄色)<WB001>」情報を追加!!(2019/2/13)

「ワールドバスコレクション GMC TDH4512(橙色)<WB002>」情報を追加!!(2019/2/13)

「ワールドバスコレクション GMC TDH4512(緑色)<WB003>」情報を追加!!(2019/2/13)

「ワールドバスコレクション メルセデスベンツ シターロ DB<WB004>」情報を追加!!(2019/2/13)

「ワールドバスコレクション メルセデスベンツ シターロ 銀<WB005>」情報を追加!!(2019/2/13)

「ワールドバスコレクション メルセデスベンツ シターロ PTT<WB006>」情報を追加!!(2019/2/13)

「ワールドバスコレクション メルセデスベンツ シターロ HVV<WB007>」情報を追加!!(2019/2/13)

• Thanks 1

Apologies if this has already been asked/ answered, but has there been any announcements for a Toei Tokyo2020 Olympics wrapping bus yet from any vendor? 

Do we think Tomytec will produce the ななつ星(Seven Stars) bus?  With all the pre-orders and second manufacturing run of the Kato set, I’m sure Tomytec could capitalize on the demand.

Edited by Kamome

For September release, Tomytec announced a bonus set of 12 (plus secret) featuring the Shinjuku Expressway bus terminal coaches. Of note, this set includes three "super high decker" variants of the new Hino Selega/Isuzu Gala.

A description of this September release can be seen here.

In addition, they announced another Hiroden wrap bus, another Tokai wrap bus, a Matsue Castle shuttle bus, and a set of three new Isuzu Ergas (apparently) sporting new liveries for Osaka City Bus.

Edited by mukade
clarification
  • Thanks 1

yeah! I am quite hyped about that Sinjuku bus set ~ weird it doesn't come with the pre-order for the bus case for this like all usual bus collections... 

Here are more details for the other buses on new pre-orders:

The Bus Collection Tokai Bus Orange Shuttle Love Live! Sunshine!! Wrapping Bus #3

The Bus Collection Osaka City Bus New Design Debut Anniversary (3 Cars Set)

The Bus Collection Hiroshima Electric Railway Hiroshima Toyo Carp Wrapping Bus

The Bus Collection Let`s Go by Bus Collection 14 Matsue City Transportation Bureau National Treasure Matsue Castle

That's a nice photo of what you just got off the shelf! Talk about coincidence! 

And I seriously SERIOUSLY need to stop buying buses... 

20190625_183656.thumb.jpg.80e7a829f9aedc928bb2d7f9945af620.jpg

20190625_183733.thumb.jpg.b2ae9fca26d84d19b56906ce26da6f0e.jpg

I just cant stop it whenever I see nice individual buses for sale... especially those with Toei and I got lucky with 2 special bus from collection 5 & 7!  Those Greenmax ones aren't that bad too, but of course the Tomytec ones were much nicer in detail... 

20190625_183818.thumb.jpg.cfcc0d21b0547461f96c0a4145b55806.jpg

And the 5 bus set that I always wanted, the NishiTetsu set with the 'Hakata' Go!  🙂

I might need to sell off some of my buses soon... they are getting WAY too many and I am starting to lose track of them and getting duplicates here and there... 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

And the 5 bus set that I always wanted, the NishiTetsu set with the 'Hakata' Go!  🙂

I might need to sell off some of my buses soon... they are getting WAY too many and I am starting to lose track of them and getting duplicates here and there... 

I’d like a few more Nishitetsu buses. It’s a nice set. I see those pink fan motif coaches a lot.

I guess you need to catalogue your collection in a better way if you’re getting duplicates. It’s easy to get carried away though. I’ve had to resist a lot of things which aren’t really in my current location. Train-wise I have a lot of different areas and eras rolling stock but I’ve kept mostly to Kyushu buses unless something really screams at me to buy it.