Tomytec - Painted & Anything Model Bus Related

JR 500系

9 hours ago, Philphil said:

It's going to be quite a shame if I get it first, since you so nicely point this auction out! 😂

Yap, and he has not only collection 11, but collection 6, 7, 16 and 18! Especially attracted to 16 since it is one of the rarest! 

No worries mate, I probably cant afford it right now and wont know what to do with all those many buses! Do beware of the shipping though, it seems to be like 3kg for the entire box… 

Let me in if you get the boxes and didn't know what to do with the buses you don't like!  😛

5 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Nevermind. All I needed to do was type TOMYTEC in all caps.

Another way is to use Tomytec's website itself: 

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/diocolle/index.html

depending on what you want to search, for buses, I always use バスコレ (Bus Corre) which is most often used by Japanese as it is the short form of ザ・バスコレクション (The Bus Collection)… Add in 第XX弾 (collection number XX) to specifically find that collection you need, like 第11弾 etc. 

On 9/14/2016 at 7:32 PM, korat said:

Pre-orders for JB041 and JB042 are up today on a number of websites, slated for release in January of next year.

JB041: Hino QDG-KV290N1 (Blue Ribbon II), Yokohama Municipal Transportation Bureau

JB042: Mitsubishi Fuso PKG-MP35UM (Aero Star), Gifu Bus

Along with this and a 1/80 Kanachu QSG-HL2ANAP ひ114 (reg. 湘南200か1976). Interesting to see a full-length bus in 1/80. (Although I think there was another of these in Hino demo colors at some point earlier.)

I managed to get two JB041-2's. I want to add a motor to is to have the bus move around automatically. However I am struggling to find out which motor unit I need. The BM-02 does not fit.. 

In all I am struggling to find which motor unit fits in which bus. The site that allows to contact Tomytec is not responding. Who can help me with that? 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, JanW said:

I managed to get two JB041-2's. I want to add a motor to is to have the bus move around automatically. However I am struggling to find out which motor unit I need. The BM-02 does not fit.. 

In all I am struggling to find which motor unit fits in which bus. The site that allows to contact Tomytec is not responding. Who can help me with that? 

Thanks!

Tomytec Website is your best friend. It doesn't look like the JB041-2 allows any of the motor chassis at all, in fact, all of the 日野ブルーリボン ノンステップバス  type doesn't... You can see that the wheel base from front to rear wheel is a lot further apart... unlike most BM-01 or BM-02 models.

For example, https://www.tomytec.co.jp/diocolle/lineup/bus_zenkoku/zenkoku021.html  

You can see the JB045 has a BM-02R printed on its side, meaning it is compatible with BM-02R, but the JB046 doesn't, meaning it doesn't have any compatible motor chassis, much coincidentally, is the same 日野ブルーリボン ノンステップバス model as your JB041-2 models... 

5 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

You can see that the wheel base from front to rear wheel is a lot further apart... unlike most BM-01 or BM-02 models.

Many thanks for this. 

However it's a bit weird because the wheel base of my JB041-2 is exactly 35 mm as well. The description also says that the true wheelbase is 5300 mm, same as the JB045. 

So what you are saying is that unless the packaging includes a reference to a motor unit. the bus cannot be motorised? 

5 minutes ago, JanW said:

Many thanks for this. 

However it's a bit weird because the wheel base of my JB041-2 is exactly 35 mm as well. The description also says that the true wheelbase is 5300 mm, same as the JB045. 

So what you are saying is that unless the packaging includes a reference to a motor unit. the bus cannot be motorised? 

I would think so, since Tomytec would usually add in a BM chassis motor logo on the packaging if it is compatible, like so... 

It's still motorizable, just that modification might be required, like sanding the wheel arcs of the buses, since the true base is 5300 so technically it might fit just that probably the wheel arc are pushing down on the chassis wheel... 

Edited by JR 500系
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Busses or lunch jr, it’s busses or lunch.

jeff

I'm thinking more of buses for lunch haha !

Seriously... December and January is gonna be tough... real tough... the load of buses above, the seven stars, the Hello Kitty, the Twilight Express... 

8 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

I'm thinking more of buses for lunch haha !

Seriously... December and January is gonna be tough... real tough... the load of buses above, the seven stars, the Hello Kitty, the Twilight Express... 

Still not sure on the status of my Hello Kitty Shinkansen, but yeah it coming out at Christmas isn't perfect.

The advice I usually use on the topic of buses, is get the one you would be absolutely devastated if you were never able to get it another time.....

Edited by TimWay4
26 minutes ago, TimWay4 said:

Still not sure on the status of my Hello Kitty Shinkansen, but yeah it coming out at Christmas isn't perfect.

The advice I usually use on the topic of buses, is get the one you would be absolutely devastated if you were never able to get it another time.....

I think the Hello Kitty is good to go, according to intel from MTP... 

That advice wont work on me cause... I would be devastated if I didn't complete the bus series... wouldn't sleep knowing i'm missing something in the series! Blame Tomytec.

1 minute ago, JR 500系 said:

I think the Hello Kitty is good to go, according to intel from MTP... 

That advice wont work on me cause... I would be devastated if I didn't complete the bus series... wouldn't sleep knowing i'm missing something in the series! Blame Tomytec.

They do make some great stuff and I am planning on picking up buses on my holiday in a few weeks time 🙂

Got a few of the buses a few year back but got sidetracked with the hobby.  Went over to Hobby Search to order up some more and noticed that there are many new releases but they no longer give the recommended power chassis.   Anyone know how to determine what chassis to order now?

Also does anyone know where one could obtain the bus catalog?  Sure would like to have one.

Thank you 

Alan in the US

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:09 AM, AlanL said:

Got a few of the buses a few year back but got sidetracked with the hobby.  Went over to Hobby Search to order up some more and noticed that there are many new releases but they no longer give the recommended power chassis.   Anyone know how to determine what chassis to order now?

Also does anyone know where one could obtain the bus catalog?  Sure would like to have one.

Thank you 

Alan in the US

Welcome to the world of buses, where one bus is never enough! 

more often than not, Tomytec website would be able to provide the information regarding which chassis  you will need, they will often be either BM-01 or BM-02, since BM-03 is only for the tour buses which are much longer in wheel bases... 

As for the bus catalogue, HS is your best bet for these books, with this book being my personal favourite... otherwise, Japan Yahoo Auctions might also be a great place to shop for these books, although they are usually not cheap and shipping adds up fast due to their weight ~