pipettes

cteno4

heres a handy little tool for mixing paints and such. little disposable pipettes. lets you transfer a few drops of a liquid easily. basically a little eye dropper. at 3 cents each fine to toss if you cant wash them out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/QZO-100PCS-0-2ml-Graduated-Pipettes-Dropper-Polyethylene-for-Experiment-Medical-/141008068225?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20d4bc5e81

cheers

jeff

Martijn Meerts

I have several of those (although, much more expensive than 3 cents a piece :)), and they're a bit rough/large for mixing paint. I still use them for that purpose though, mainly because I can't find anything more decent that's not priced as if made of diamonds :)

try the little 0.2ml ones they have very long thin tips that make very nice drops. you can also slice the ends off nicely to get very good drops (ie get rid of a little flash usually around the tip).

most are usually around 2ml and like you said pretty crude, but workable. love the little bitty ones. i got 100 1mm and 0.5mm on auction for less than $2/100! (12 cents but $1.35 shipping!)

next step up is disposable glass Pasteur pippets. nice long drawn out tips. but usually you have to buy them by the gross for like $15-20. i have a few stolen from friends labs...

next step past that is a pipetteman and tips for it, but that gets really expensive!

jeff

Martijn Meerts

I really need to check with my airbrush/paint supplier, fairly certain he has accurate ones as well.. Actually, I bought a rather accurate mini digital scale a while ago for mixing paints, so I should be able to fairly accurately get it mixed right. Got it mainly for the Gundam kits considering pretty much every kit has its own set of custom colours :)