flea switcher

gotta love this little guy. they get it going unattended and just walk to catch up with it. not the fastest move in the world, but looks pretty simple!

going to have to try and model one of these sometime, but probably not powered at n scale...

jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 2
Nick_Burman
What are they doing for brakes?  Can it only be used where the track is completely level?

Most likely they are using the car brakes for stopping power.

Note lady taking the "cowpath" to the station. No trespassing, indeed... :)

Cheers NB

• Like 1

That is, without doubt, something I've never seen on any railroad here in the USA before. It'll be almost akin to using an American railroad motor car to yard switch individual freight cars....

I was amazed as well that this little scooter could haul these. I was guessing the center stud that connects to the coupler and gives it downward pressure to get traction. The sucker looks to the weight of a speeder!

Jeff

Nick_Burman
That is, without doubt, something I've never seen on any railroad here in the USA before. It'll be almost akin to using an American railroad motor car to yard switch individual freight cars....

Don't forget the bottom-of-the-product-line Trackmobiles (the very early ones, with their tyres set transversally to  the rail wheels), they weren't much larger than this beast here...

Cheers NB

Claude_Dreyfus

This neatly fits into the other thread on the small seitch on the Iida line. I have a DVD about JR Frieght, with a section on ED62s. One of the yards they serviced had one of these little critters...again being shown with a couple of tanker wagins. I assume they can shift a couple of empties, and being economical to run, must be idea for a small yard.