"Mie" Rapid from Nagoya to Toba

Sacto1985

YouTube user dbz586601--who has done a number of long zenmen tenbou videos in the Nagoya region, recently posted a video of the Mie Rapid service from Nagoya to Toba (Toba is 15 km past the Iseshi Station that is closest to the famous Ise Grand Shrine).

One wonders how many people in Nagoya ride this train, considering you can nowadays ride the much more comfortable Kintetsu trains to Ise....

• Like 1

One wonders how many people in Nagoya ride this train, considering you can nowadays ride the much more comfortable Kintetsu trains to Ise....

That is an interesting point.  This is only a rapid, so maybe it's cheaper than the Kintetsu services.  But passengers have to pay the Ise Railway surcharge, so it might not be much cheaper overall.

That is an interesting point.  This is only a rapid, so maybe it's cheaper than the Kintetsu services.  But passengers have to pay the Ise Railway surcharge, so it might not be much cheaper overall.

I think the surcharge issue only applies if you're riding on the Japan Rail Pass--which in this case is 800 yen per direction. If you're a Japanese citizen or buy the ticket yourself, when you buy the ticket from Nagoya to Iseshi, the ticket sub may not reflect this even though this train uses the Ise Railway tracks.

I think I had to pay it when using the seishun 18 ticket.

According to Japan-guide.com, the only time you're charged the 800 yen supplement fee is if you're using the Japan Rail Pass or the Seishun 18 Kippu pass.