Japanese DVDs

Matteo_IT

Hello everybody,

does anyone know some internet web site about shops that sell japanese railway DVDs worldwide?

I'm searching about but I found only some sites but in japanes text... impossible to understand!

May be exist in english text?

Many thanks!

I'm sure amazon.jp has them, but I've never seen any online shop with an English website that has them.  The best videos that you will find are those on youtube.

Vicom is so damn expensive. There are actually so many and many high-quality videos on youtube that I don't bother with them.

If you want " 前面展望 - zenmen tenbou" (front view) videos for example there are so many HD videos to find of youtube. Try to find the name of the railway line or service on the English wikipedia, it usually also mentions the Japanese characters and just paste that after the "前面展望".

bikkuri bahn
I have been getting the monthly Rail Report series...

As Densha says Youtube is a better resource for timely railway news and developments (you just need to have the right search keywords in Japanese)- I reckon YT has killed off the RR series. 

That said, DVD products are a good medium for professionally produced "monograph style" documentaries on specific rolling stock or routes- I own a few of these, and with the continuing retirement of older rolling stock, I'll likely be purchasing a few more in the future for my home library.

Edited by bikkuri bahn
  • Like 1

Like Westfalen, I have some of the Vicom DVDs, which I prefer to most of what I've seen on Youtube. I'm not a big fan of the front view video.

More than that, I can't stand all the other crap that YouTube bombards the viewer with. If I see one more trailer for some worthless Hollywood "blockbuster" movie, or another idiotic advertisement for Telstra Netmums - whatever they are - I'll scream!  :angry:

Cheers,

Mark.

More than that, I can't stand all the other crap that YouTube bombards the viewer with. If I see one more trailer for some worthless Hollywood "blockbuster" movie, or another idiotic advertisement for Telstra Netmums - whatever they are - I'll scream!  :angry:

Get firefox or google chrome, install adblock plus on it and all ads are gone!

Many thanks to everybody.

I placed my order to cdjapan, they sent me the FedEx tracking number few hours ago...

I will receive in short time...

As Densha says Youtube is a better resource for timely railway news and developments (you just need to have the right search keywords in Japanese)- I reckon YT has killed off the RR series. 

That said, DVD products are a good medium for professionally produced "monograph style" documentaries on specific rolling stock or routes- I own a few of these, and with the continuing retirement of older rolling stock, I'll likely be purchasing a few more in the future for my home library.

You're probably right because I didn't see any more recent issues of Rail Report in Japanese book stores when I was there last year either. I did buy about $450 worth of DVDs and Blu-Rays to bring home though, I guess I'm just a bit old fashioned.

Holy ****, $450?! I somewhat understand the feeling of owning the discs though, and I reckon you can't get these videos (legally) online.

Holy ****, $450?! I somewhat understand the feeling of owning the discs though, and I reckon you can't get these videos (legally) online.

I was browsing the railway video section at Shosen Books in Akihabara and couldn't help myself. I could have spent ten times that much if I really had no self control. :grin

Edited by westfalen
  • Like 1