Weekend activity on the Toyoko Line

bikkuri bahn

bikkuri bahn

A one scene/location video of action between Hakuraku and Myorenji on a weekend morning.   Camera is pointed in the up direction (towards Shibuya).  In the description section, if you click on the times, you can go directly to the train listed.  Too many 5050's as usual, but nice to see other types making the lineside action more interesting, including my favorite Tokyo Metro 10000 series.

*this section of the Toyoko Line still maintains the old style of urban/inner suburban railway operation with numerous grade crossings, curves, cuttings and embankments.

Edited by bikkuri bahn
  • Like 2

So Tobu trains do make it down that far. With the exception of a solitary Seibu {whatever系) I every time I've been on that set of lines I thought they were dominated by Tokyu 5050s with the odd Tokyo Metro 10000 (which I have to admit have a bit more character than the E23x derivatives).

bikkuri bahn
So Tobu trains do make it down that far. With the exception of a solitary Seibu {whatever系) I every time I've been on that set of lines I thought they were dominated by Tokyu 5050s with the odd Tokyo Metro 10000 (which I have to admit have a bit more character than the E23x derivatives).

I reckon it has a lot to do with the day of the week and time as to what rolling stock you'll commonly see.  During weekday rush hour you'll see more Tokyu types as there are more locals going as far as Shibuya and other destinations within Tokyo.  Off peak and weekends you'll have a more spread out interval service with other railway types going to the destinations in the hinterlands.