Shizuoka Hobby Show 2013

A flood of information on new releases for the spring and summer should come out over the next few days.  The Shizouka Hobby Show runs May 16th to 19th, with the first two days being trade only and the final two also open to the public.

Japanese language show web site:  http://www.hobby-shizuoka.com/

Its only a few hours until the show opens for its first day.

• Like 1

yes my wholesaler wanted me to come with some tickets he had but i could not make it.

Maybe next year. He will send pictures to me though when he has time.

Oh!

Is Tomytec coming out with a ropeway system?

Sounds interesting! But physically i wouldn't want to be in that cable car... The jerks will probably ruin your lunch...

Nice innovative idea! Wonder if it will be released eventually?

i doubt they would do the cable car just for an eye catcher. im guessing its a prototype and thus why a bit crude. Ive not seen blatant eye grabbers that are not going to be products like this done in japanese trade displays. I would guess its more they just did not have all the bits ready with the perfect prototype for the show but wanted to get it out there and perhaps see the buzz it creates to judge the market better.

gearing the motor a lot would smooth things out easily. tensioning also helps. I fiddled a lot with the brawa tram on a friends layout to try and get it smooth. it loops the cars around the pulley though and that creates some issues with the tensioning... The brawa cars are also not very japanese in style, its an older style with tapered cars.

simple auto reverse circuit would work well to drive this unit with photosensors in the sheds to reverse the unit and create the pause.

sheds do feel a bit oversized, but in the big car ones of these they are big buildings.

jeff

Edited by cteno4
Nick_Burman

The Kato DD13 is a winner - the first version, with drop-equalizer trucks. This is only the second time it has been done in N scale, the first was the Tomix made by Bachmann version of the 1980's which was waaaay out of scale... I also liked the different versions of the Poppondetta HoKi2200 covered hopper, makes a change from the Kato one. The one worrying thing about Poppondetta is that they have been issuing only single cars, no sets - have they given up on the sets? Admittedly if you go into Yahoo Japan there are tons of Kawaii sets for sale so I think Poppondetta is waiting for the excess to be sold.

Cheers NB

Fenway Park

Micro Ace have also issued the first version of the DD13 with the single headlamp in brown and standard JNR livery.

I don't quite understand Popondetta's approach either, because it means you can never get multiple cars of the same type without having duplicate car numbers.

Fenway Park

Another issue is that Popondetta's packaging is unique. You cannot store their boxes with Kato Tomix etc as the dimensions are totally different. 

The single product in the box is an advantage if you do not need 3 of the same wagon especially if they are rare or one offs.

I found the quality to be the same if not better then Kawai.

Nick_Burman
Micro Ace have also issued the first version of the DD13 with the single headlamp in brown and standard JNR livery.

Yes and I have one in brown. However it was a model of the second series, with Flexicoil trucks.

Cheers NB

Fenway Park

Hi Nick

I stand corrected. I did not know there were truck variants in the early versions of the DD13.

Thanks.

Nick_Burman
Hi Nick I stand corrected. I did not know there were truck variants in the early versions of the DD13. Thanks.

Fenway,

It wasn't just the trucks, the body also suffered several changes in the course of production. You can see them here: http://tekkenweb.sakura.ne.jp/loco/lsl002.html

Cheers NB

• Like 1