Keifuku Denki Tetsudo - Kitano Line, Katabiranotsuji to Kitano Hakubaicho

miyakoji

For fans of Kyoto and/or trams, here's a video by HINTEL1824TRAIN of the Keifuku (Randen) Kitano Line. A nice ride overall, the line's main attraction in spring (other than the actual destinations :) ) is the 'sakura tunnel' which can be seen at the 9 minute mark, between Narutaki and Utano. Some people are close to the track! The line is 3.8km in length, and the earliest section opened in 1925.

google map centered on Utano Station: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Utano+Station,+Kyoto+Prefecture,+Japan&hl=en&ll=35.024374,135.714669&spn=0.015165,0.024011&sll=35.026552,135.713897&sspn=0.030328,0.064373&oq=utano+stat&hnear=Utano+Station,+Kyoto+Prefecture,+Japan&t=m&z=16

Edited by miyakoji
  • Like 2

I believe YouTube member angelspringsTavio has posted videos of this Randen run during the sakura season between Narutaki and Utano--but this is the first I've seen it from an zenmen tenbou view. :)

I never interested myself in Randen trains, but they look pretty awesome! It's like another interurban discovery trip for me. I also love the single track of this line.