E655 Nagomi

domino

Jeff,

I don't mean to rain on your parade, and from any reasonable distance it won't matter, but that's the wrong kind of Chrysanthemum (it's the "government" one, not the "Imperial" one).  From the photo, it's a single level of 16 petals.  The Imperial seal uses a double set, with the tips of the second 16 showing between the tips of the first set (see wikipedia).

Ken,

Yes I know, but at just over 2mm in no one will ever see this without a magnifying glass and few will even know there is a difference!

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
Jeff,

I don't mean to rain on your parade, and from any reasonable distance it won't matter, but that's the wrong kind of Chrysanthemum (it's the "government" one, not the "Imperial" one).  From the photo, it's a single level of 16 petals.  The Imperial seal uses a double set, with the tips of the second 16 showing between the tips of the first set (see wikipedia).

Now we not only have rivet counters, but petal counters. :grin

not just petal counters, ends of petal counters!

in the kato 157 emperor cars you cant even see the petal marks until you get really really really close! there are no second layer of petals on those! the older kato emperor coach has a larger seal but only one layer petals...

could get the effect by glueing two of them together with just a slight twist. ill leave that to ken when he gets his car...

jeff

This was an odd one. they apparently did not get the licensee for the imperial car when they did the train, but later got it but could not use the seal on this one (hence having to by your own). I guess they wanted to do the special run thing to heighten interest and they did that (down to shoving matches at the expo where they sold it). in apology they released vouchers to folks that attended the show and then some hobby shops ended up with a few here and there. check with modeltrainplus.net, they have found a few. i expect there are a number on yahoo.jp as well, but that will cost you some extra to have a broker buy it for you there. 

it will be interesting to see what happens with this and if they re-release the set they include the emperor's car with it.

since the original was only a year ago, i would guess it will be a while before a re-release happens. It sold well so im guessing it would be in the next year or two.

jeff

• Like 1

Handsome and grand train as usual... And the top contender for re-release! The more i look at it the more it attracts me... But ouch on the price now... Throw in the imperial coach and it's double ouch... 

Hi JR500のぞみ

You may want to check out the release schedule for May 2014 on the Kato Japan website. Someone in Kato is obviously listening and they are releasing the royal carriage as an addition.

I managed to get hold of the Emperors car a couple of months ago (thanks Nariichi at MTP) and notice that the parts numbers are different. The version I've got is 4935-9, the version which can be reserved is 4935-1, I wonder what the difference is?

It also looks as if the new version will come with the emblems fitted to the sides and the flags for the front car. I hope these will be available as a separate assembly part.

Dave

I managed to get hold of the Emperors car a couple of months ago (thanks Nariichi at MTP) and notice that the parts numbers are different. The version I've got is 4935-9, the version which can be reserved is 4935-1, I wonder what the difference is?

It also looks as if the new version will come with the emblems fitted to the sides and the flags for the front car. I hope these will be available as a separate assembly part.

Dave

I wonder if the 4935-9 version was some pre-production test models they were getting rid of.

YES! 

Kato heard our prayers! Or someone here in this forum works for Kato? 

I was surprised to receive HS letter that 'your item is available for order' for the E655~ FINALLY~ With an even better news is that the imperial car is also available for order ~ 

Now now, i'm sure those that missed this the first time round wouldn't want to miss this again, right? 

Now, can we have the East-i re-release too?

The pervious emperors car is in the status of the roll out from the factory, in test run, and in forwarding. The new one is in the status on duty for emperors.

Yes, it has been produced in HO (Japanese 16 scale standard) by Endou.... Or is it Endow? I only know their name in Japanese: エンドウ