40-821 Question

macdon

40-821 Expansion Set Street Corner (road intersection set)

- Can you connect the 4 corner pieces to form a small city block in the middle bounded by streets around its perimeter........ or could they only be connected to form the intersection?

40-821_d_zpsf9d31306.jpg

Mardon

The 40-820 is a half block.  You would have the full block, but only half the road and no far side sidewalk. Both the 40-820 and 40-821 seem to use the same main block pieces but just packaged in a different way. You get a S62 traffic divider piece with both which you may not want.

Edited by bill937ca

The 40-820 is indeed similar, but you have to buy 2 sets ($76) to complete a block.  The 40-821 as a set ($50) will give a completed block but 1/3 smaller than 2 sets of 40-820 - thus could be reflected by the price difference above.

I also looked at 40-100, buying 4 of those will cost $40-$50. However, do they come with the railings, lamp posts or signal lights? If not, then the 40-821 set may be a better buy.

As for the dio plates, do the yellow parts represent the structure blocks? Looks like sand. Though the dio plates may be more applicable for "linear" layouts than enclosing blocks.

I was just looking at available road plates for a circle/squarish layout - thou I understand why its more common to make plates for oval or linear layouts.

Mardon