Akihabara Station

CaptOblivious

CaptOblivious

Despite being the namesake of my blog, and despite 2 years of mulling, I've never really posted much about the diorama of Akihabara Station that I'm working on!

So, here's a first go at it:

http://akihabara.artificial-science.org/2009/03/30/a-new-start/

aki-plan.jpg

Somewhat obnoxiously, JR East has apparently begun renovating the outside, since Akiba Depato closed—which was two days after my visit!

before: JR Akihabara Station

after: 090314_030__MG_7074

Ooooh.....nice work! I was reading in your blog how you were putting diorama together, very interesting the methods you're using.

The project looks great, but I don't know about the "after" look of the real station. The old version may have been messy, but that big blank wall isn't too inviting.

Can this kind of diorama be fit into a layout so that you can run trains through the station?

CaptOblivious

The project looks great, but I don't know about the "after" look of the real station. The old version may have been messy, but that big blank wall isn't too inviting.

Can this kind of diorama be fit into a layout so that you can run trains through the station?

That's the plan! I will eventually by a couple loops of double-track viaduct, so that I can actually operate trains through the station. In the distant future, I hope to incorporate this into a larger layout.

SubwayHypes

nice work, i wish i could do something like that.  i have never really been impressed with the kato overhead stations so might as well build one!

SubwayHypes

hahaha wow they have maid girls?!?!

im definately gonna be buying a set of those, but they tend to hang around Harajuku although you might find one or two in ahkihabara,

Mudkip Orange
I've seen more of the BAD at cons than the GOOD anywhere.

Trust me man, you lower your standards just a little bit and you'll have a lot more fun...
I've seen more of the BAD at cons than the GOOD anywhere.

Trust me man, you lower your standards just a little bit and you'll have a lot more fun...

The bar can only go so low, I'm not a professional Limbo-man, ya know :P