RailWays Daughter ??

They are some kind of mascot characters. I know Japanese railway companies often have their own mascot characters, and sometimes it's one of these manga styled girls. Why the Japanese call it Tetsudo Musume is a good question, but anyway you can find the main page here: http://tetsudou-musume.net/ They even have a Nintendo DS game and character song CD's. 0_0

these come in sets similar to the tomytec vehicle boxes, usually a dozen per box. a couple of our club members have ordered cases in the past and collect them. i think the first set was like two dozen in a box, one member thought he was getting like 4 figures and wound up with 2 dozen!

jeff

bikkuri bahn
Why the Japanese call it Tetsudo Musume is a good question,

Musume literally means daughter, but it also colloquially used to describe teenage girls/young women.  See the idol group Morning Musume, active in the late 1990's and early 2000's, considered a predecessor of sorts to AKB48.

the_weird_one

I've always translated Tetsudo Musume as Train Girls - aimed at the Japanese rail otaku really they're moe representations of the different rails operators.

Sold in single blind boxes in Japan over seas purchasers have to buy retail boxes of 12 "randomly" selected blind boxes. In reality you'll get on of every variation in the retail box and random spares depending how many variation figures are in the series.

The Next Station Is...

The Tetsudou Musume characters, produced by Tomytec and partners, are fictional women that work on various railways across Japan. The Musume concept seems to be derived from things like Mecha Musume (anthropomised tank/plane figures).

I've got a couple of figures myself, including a 1/10th scale prize figure. I'll have to remember to take some pictures to upload when I'm not using the iPhone.

It all started out with this illustration I think. Or at least a related one involving a cute character sitting inside a cardboard box painted as a contemporary Keikyū train.

post-188-0-00332000-1385347805_thumb.jpg

• Like 1