Train signature images

Densha

I stumbled across this website that has tons of train images that can be used for signatures.

http://hkuma.com/tb/

http://hkuma.com/tbf/

The menu on the left can be used for navigating around the enormous database of JR trains, private companies and other public transport things including foreign stuff. I don't know what the exact difference between both links is but some images can't be find on either link somehow.

• Like 4

@miyakoji

Yeah, the Marine Liner is an awesome train.

@Capt

I don't understand the slightest about that website.

I think you have to add it as a picture JR500, it shows as a link now. I doubt the black background is intended too. The way I did it was use the separate files of the website and use tags with BBcode (easier and faster for such tasks), then you won't have the problems with black bg's and whatever. You can also save each file and upload to photobucket as you did but of course.

Thanks Densha for noticing! I really couldn't get it to work like yours.. It still appears like a link...

Do i type '' in front of the image link, then copy the image link address from the site, and then paste in and type ''[/] behind?

Or do i use the BBcode symbol when i'm writting on this forum? And which BBcode which i use then?

Sorry for the questions, i'm not good at all with this... And thanks in advance for the help!

To enable BBcode, you have to click the tiny gray button on the menu you use for writing a post. You close it with [/img].

I did every car of the train apart, so I did use the tag for every image for every car.

To edit your signature go settings under the drop down menu on the top right corner, then click on the "signature" tab.   Should be pretty self evident from there, but let us know if you have any trouble from there!

Sorry, I meant to say.... I was wondering where you get those nice pictures of trains that you are using for your signature. Those look like certain items I recognize so I was wondering if there was a place you could go and make up a custom train or something

On 1/14/2019 at 8:55 PM, Sheffie said:

Sorry, I meant to say.... I was wondering where you get those nice pictures of trains that you are using for your signature. Those look like certain items I recognize so I was wondering if there was a place you could go and make up a custom train or something

I remember it wasn't an easy thing to do. It took me forever. Finding an image was the toughest part. Many trains when available for pre-ordering are represented by a small graphic on store websites. The pictures still rattle around on the internet after the release.

An example: This depiction of the ICE 4 has been around now for about 3 years.

http://www.tee-usa.com/store/product54303.html

For my signature, I spent a long time searching and eventually found this picture. I think I found it on a different site, but it's the same picture.

https://soranews24.com/2015/07/24/the-evangelion-shinkansen-will-let-you-ride-the-rails-like-a-cool-angel-this-fall/

I copied it into MS paint, and put the train together. Then I saved the image and imported it into my signature, using likely the same instruction provided by Kiha. I had to go back and forth changing the magnification/size of the image until I got it to fit right. It took a while.

I remember being afraid that people would say I was copying JR500, another member whose signature train is also a 500 Shinkansen. No one ever said anything btw 🙂

Edited by gavino200
  • Thanks 1

That’s a little disappointing. But I suppose it makes sense. I mean, if it was easy, everyone here would have a train signature 🙂

• Like 1