Loco1hobby

keitaro

Guest Closed Account 1

David:

Do you carry parts for the Tomix cleaner cars?

Need a set of the long springs. Truck to chassis springs.

Tomix CL #6422 or 6421

the_weird_one

Just received my DD51 today and have to say your service is fantastic, and so's your packaging - though apparently not good enough to survive the Royal Fail, cause I've got to do some repair work on the model, the roof's broken as is one of the side hand rails :(

Though I'd hate to think what would have happened if I'd had it shipped EMS and let Parcel Farce get their hands on it.

Edited by the_weird_one

as discussed in pm webskipper.

The Weird One, I`m sorry to hear it dropped off you may find the roof clicks back on easily? (though i`m not sure how broken it is) i actually got one of these and was silly enough to hold the roof part and it clipped off luckily for me it was only about a 5cm drop.

now i`m waiting for the dd13 to come in, my son loves freight trains so i will tripple header with my ma dd51, kato dd51 and kato dd13 for fun on the table for him.

something about multiple diesels he loves sound like many people on the forum? haha

Martijn Meerts

I've had some issues with certain deliveries (not from loco1hobby, but in general) using a variety of mail services. Usually it's a bogie that's not been snapped on right, and on 1 occasion I've had a body shell not being clipped on correctly. Most recently, my E6 had the body shall of 1 end car snapped on too far which meant the coupler was doing all sorts of weird stuff. They're all easy fixes though, and I don't think it's because of how it was packaged or handled by the mail people, but just a slight lapse by whoever assembled/packaged it at the factory.

the_weird_one

The Weird One, I`m sorry to hear it dropped off you may find the roof clicks back on easily? (though i`m not sure how broken it is) i actually got one of these and was silly enough to hold the roof part and it clipped off luckily for me it was only about a 5cm drop.

Unfortunately one side is missing its retaining clip, and the one on the other side is overly flexible so doesn't clip in place properly, it's nothing a little poly cement won't be able to fix thankfully, the side handrail though would mean buying a whole new shell since it's not listed as a spare.

Either way it's not a problem I think I'll use te loco as a test one for weathering and dcc and replace it for regular running when I get my layout fully built.

wow thats not good.

Actually a friend in japan here is a scientist for some company can`t remember the name.

He has been researching shipping techniques and packaging material not for models but for delicate items.

He`s actually applying for a patent on a new packaging material and has a whole scienific calculation and studdies on the exact thickness the material needs tobe for many items example glass, metals woods and tiles etc

i was proofreading his documents was really interesting stuff.

Taking preorders for the next run of kato dcc decoders due june.

29-351 EM13 decoder will be 1700 yen per decoder

29-352 FL12 decoder will be 1275 yen per decoder

29-353 FR11 decoder will be 1275 yen per decoder

if you wish to order them at this great price send me a pm or email info@loco1hobby.com soon with the code and number you want.

I need to advise by monday 27th before i miss out.

the_weird_one
wow thats not good.

Actually a friend in japan here is a scientist for some company can`t remember the name.

He has been researching shipping techniques and packaging material not for models but for delicate items.

He`s actually applying for a patent on a new packaging material and has a whole scienific calculation and studdies on the exact thickness the material needs tobe for many items example glass, metals woods and tiles etc

i was proofreading his documents was really interesting stuff.

Though his calculations may be perfect, he'll have to take into account the Royal Fail - seriously I had a Pelican case turn up today to store my photography gear in, these are the things used by the US military as they're nigh on indestructible and the thing's got to be replaced as the hinges have been broken in shipping via the Royal Mail.

english store comming very soon!

So i have been working on english store and hope to have it live very soon.

It will look much different for now but latter when i have cash be advanced to the same as the current site but in english.

so keep an eye out. on this forum or japanese site for more details.

For those worried about preorders on the .com site these will still be honored and come through from the japanese site as normal.

• Like 2

English site is up and stable to take orders.   www.loco1hobby.net

I am still adding products and polishing site to look better.

English site info.

At this time i do not offer points for members.

When checking out choose bank wire (only option) and once shipping is calculated i will send the paypal request to your email.

let me know what you think so far!

www.loco1hobby.net

Ochanomizu

Hello Mr keitaro,

I investigated the English website.  I have some comment and suggestion:

I prefer layout of English site, but Japanese site has better information: RRP incl. tax, and product number.

Thanks Ochanomizu,

all of these will be coming i just needed to get the items on at the correct price,

Once i have everything on right next day or two i will run though and fix up these missing details.

I also want to chage the theme to the same as the japanese site blue etc.we shall see.

Time needs to be used wisely. :)

oh ok i never do get what all those faces mean heh :)

i try to be good priced it`S a battle to get those prices, i look forward to your support.

Waiting list now available for sold out items.

Pre orders process also coming very soon.

Check it out.

Most items should be up a few to go.

all prices are shown as is and tax free.

Thanks,

David

Spaceman Spiff

The English site looks great. Sadly the train fairy has run out of money for now :-(

Spiff

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

haha

i hear in canada if you knock out a tooth you put it under a pillow and your creditcard fairy purchases model trains off loco1hobby for you

:angel10:

true story!

Edited by keitaro
  • Like 1
haha

i hear in canada if you knock out a tooth you put it under a pillow and your creditcard fairy purchases model trains off loco1hobby for you

:angel10:

true story!

OK, give me one of your teeth   :grin

Edited by bill937ca
Spaceman Spiff

If the wife knew how much the train fairy has purchased I would have alot of teeth for the toothfairy. As the wife will knock them out of my mouth with her bat.

Spiff