Loco1hobby

keitaro

My Tramway ED14 arrived this morning from David, also 6 days in transit. You beauty! :)

Cheers,

Mark.

Takahama Trainwatcher

Presently have Malwarebytes in its premium configuration (it has done itself on a 2 week trial).

When I try to get to www.loco1hobby.net , it is blocking it ("Malwarebytes blocked a suspected bad URL or an unwanted program.")

A bit odd.

Malwarebytes' explanation:

Your Malwarebytes malicious website blocking technology has blocked outgoing or incoming communication between your computer and a malicious Internet Protocol (IP) address. That's a good thing. This communication could be:

An attempt to download malware onto your computer

An attempt to redirect you to a malicious webpage

An attempt to deliver malicious advertising

Have you emailed this to Dave? He may be on a shared server and another site on the server got that ip blacklisted. Could also be something Cresta does just trips the malware software even though not malware.

jeff

1 hour ago, Takahama Trainwatcher said:

Presently have Malwarebytes in its premium configuration (it has done itself on a 2 week trial).

When I try to get to www.loco1hobby.net , it is blocking it ("Malwarebytes blocked a suspected bad URL or an unwanted program.")

A bit odd.

Malwarebytes' explanation:

Your Malwarebytes malicious website blocking technology has blocked outgoing or incoming communication between your computer and a malicious Internet Protocol (IP) address. That's a good thing. This communication could be:

An attempt to download malware onto your computer

An attempt to redirect you to a malicious webpage

An attempt to deliver malicious advertising

http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/69.164.192.62.html

The loco1hobby IP is listed on 9 spam lists. Could be the reason for this warning.

And judging by the hoster website ( https://www.linode.com/ ) it could be a shared server like cteno4 said. 

Usually you can pick up your own ip for a couple of bucks a month on shared hosting, one place it’s great for that. 

Blacklisting these days days for ips can really be the Wild West as so many different ones, different rules to get on and off etc, it’s a mess.

Jeff

Just placed my first order with this site... I hadn't heard of it until yesterday and I feel cheated! If there weren't so many people vouching for this site I'd think it's too good to be true :) Amazing prices! 

I opted for the slowest shipping, so it will probably be a while, but I'm so excited. I'll check here for most of my Japanese train needs before I check anywhere else.

• Like 1
Takahama Trainwatcher

Indeed, it is a good site. The Malwarebytes trial having ended a few hours ago, I can now happily peruse the site again. Good for entertainment, bad for wallet.

I've found loco1 to be slightly more expensive than modeltrainplus or amiami, especially in shipping.  The only package I've ever had lost in the mail was from them.  However they often have some trains after they are sold out at other stores, and still cheaper than Buyee.

Hello, 

I am not sure why malware bytes is blocking.

I am on a shared server but have a private ip.

I checked with several checkers and my host support nothing seems to be found.

I think that app has a false positive or is configured wrong.

Thanks,

David

Hi everyone,

I'm posting this on behalf of forum member and Loco1Hobby proprietor @keitaro, announcing that he must regretfully close Loco1Hobby.

Over the past few weeks, David has lost his family, his home, all his assets and must leave Japan in the next few weeks.

As a result, he would very much appreciate if we could help him out by making a purchase from Loco1Hobby.  Unfortunately he is unable to offer further discounts on his already low prices, but there are still plenty of interesting and rare items available.

Remaining pre-orders have been dealt with; no future item pre-orders will be accepted.

For our Australian friends, Loco1Hobby is NOT charging the Australian GST.

David would like to thank you all for supporting Loco1Hobby over the years.

On a personal note, I have known David for many years as a man of greatest honesty, sincerity and integrity, and it saddens me this has happened to him.  I hope we can all help him pick up the pieces of his life and start again.

• Sad 8
Fenway Park

Very sad news. Will make a purchase as VJM suggested.

I agree with Densha’s post and hope things can be sorted.

Malcolm

serotta1972

Thanks for informing us VJM, that is very sad news. 

-Junior

Edited by serotta1972

Absoloutely devastated to hear this has happened to David 

I ve dealt with him on a couple of occasions and always found him to be very helpfull.

we ve also exchanged emails regarding our layouts,I had no idea,sad sad day.

🙁🙁

He ships quickly too.   I placed the order earlier today and already have shipment notice and tracking.

Good luck to him!  He seems to be one of the good guys.  This was my first (and last 😞  ) experience with him.

Yep he got my order out within a few hours.

hope the orders help close down the shop for him.

jeff

Very sad to be hearing this... Dave was great as a supplier and even greater as a friend. It's great misfortune that this happened, but towards a better future and hang in there Dave buddy!

This is the first time I've ordered from Loco1.  I just blew my budget for the year.  I hope this makes it easier for Dave to liquidate.

Like all of us, I've had my share of tribulations.  Just not all at once.  

Dave, I don't know you. But stay strong.

Edited by toc36
spelling