Sometime this year Zoukeimura will release the third edition of their "Super Rail Series" in the form of a plastic model of the EF13 "crocodile" style outline DC locomotive.  This type was a wartime design, and first was based out of the Kozu locomotive depot in Kanagawa Pref, hauling freight trains on the Tokaido Line. Later the type was shifted to other depots on the DC network. In the mid-fifties these units were rebuilt with the more conventional box cowling most associate with mid-century JNR DC locomotives.

Pricing is 39,900 yen (quite reasonable) for all three types (a wartime era model and two postwar types).  Unable to find a good pic of a painted production model, here is the best I could find:

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/cp-bin/blog_srs/pic/Img19385.jpg

prototype pictures:

http://rail.hobidas.com/blog/natori09/archives/2009/12/post-1167.html

• Like 1
Sometime this year Zoukeimura will release the third edition of their "Super Rail Series" in the form of a plastic model of the EF13 "crocodile" style outline DC locomotive.  This type was a wartime design, and first was based out of the Kozu locomotive depot in Kanagawa Pref, hauling freight trains on the Tokaido Line. Later the type was shifted to other depots on the DC network. In the mid-fifties these units were rebuilt with the more conventional box cowling most associate with mid-century JNR DC locomotives.

I understand that the replacement bodies came from the earliest 30-odd EF58's, which were rebodied with the newer full-length design. The EF13 mentioned is a model I have hankered after for may years, but despair of an affordable model from the likes of Microace ever being produced - like the 925 Series Dr Yellow.  :sad1:

Angus 

• Like 1