user limit in chat

I don't suppose it's a bug, but it appears that only 5 people can be in the chatroom at once.

-now there are 4 people but I still can't join

Edited by miyakoji

The number in the chat flag doesn't alway match the number actually in the chat. Also it sometimes will kick you out in the iPad if you switch to another window for more than a couple of minutes, but it does not seem to log you out of the chat but you can't post and you are still part of the flag total. You have to leave and come back in to get back into the chat. So I wonder if folks that came in and then did not leave get kicked out but are still part of the total

Keff

Martijn Meerts

There's currently a 5 user limit. The chat goes through an external server (which runs spam checking and the like on it), and upping the user limit will cost a few dollar per year. It's not expensive to up the limit, but we wanted to see if the chat function would be used at all before spending money on it ;)

On the iPad, when you place a browser window in the background, it basically pauses that session. In the chat you'll get time out because it doesn't see that iPad session as an active participant anymore. Also, just closing the chat window will keep you logged in for a little while, but clicking the 'Leave' button in the chat window will log you out of the chat right away. The chat counter also only gets updated on a page refresh, so might be the chat says it's full even if the counter says otherwise.