KATO N700 Series Shinkansen Bullet Train "Nozomi"

Vato

"same result Jeff... after reasembling, when car moving straight, everything is ok,  but after the curves come same problem"

Vatato,

That means that the universal is pulling out of the drive shaft or truck socket.

Something may be switched around or inverted.

Inobu

Ahhh new info. Yes as inobu said it sounds like the drive shaft is pilling out of the universal joint when the truck turns.

Could still be partially stripped drive shafts with the nude worn down so when at an angle they slip out of the grooves in the universal joint.

Also could be that the universal joints on the motor saft got pushed in some so the drive shaft can't fit in deep enough.

Did you try turning the drive shaft with your finger in the universal joints at both ends?

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
Ahhh new info. Yes as inobu said it sounds like the drive shaft is pilling out of the universal joint when the truck turns.

Could still be partially stripped drive shafts with the nude worn down so when at an angle they slip out of the grooves in the universal joint.

Also could be that the universal joints on the motor saft got pushed in some so the drive shaft can't fit in deep enough.

Did you try turning the drive shaft with your finger in the universal joints at both ends?

Jeff

yes i do it. I mean, try to turn 

did they feel like they did not slip in the universal joint? or did they feel like they could skip around in there some? if they slipped at all it means probably one or more of the little nubs at the end are broken off or worn down to where if there is any angling of the universal joint or strain put on the engine the drive shaft slips.

jeff

There is a possibility that the components are not assembled/matched correctly.

Based on the Budd parts list, the universal shaft are two different sizes hence two different part numbers and could be the case with the 700 also.

Based on the image posted the chassis does not look symmetrical which means the universal may not be the same and may have a corresponding truck position and shaft. 

I would double check the assembly as the trucks could be a factor or the shaft are not matched to the correct truck in the correct position. 

Inobu

There is a possibility that the components are not assembled/matched correctly.

Based on the Budd parts list, the universal shaft are two different sizes hence two different part numbers and could be the case with the 700 also.

Based on the image posted the chassis does not look symmetrical which means the universal may not be the same and may have a corresponding truck position and shaft. 

I would double check the assembly as the trucks could be a factor or the shaft are not matched to the correct truck in the correct position. 

Inobu

I will check it today (sizes)

That's not good!

I know............. I had a PC mouse explode on a wall once. Funny thing ......... After paying $80 for its replacement it hasn't happened again. I think logitech's pricing fixed

that problem.

Inobu

• Like 1
That's not good!

I know............. I had a PC mouse explode on a wall once. Funny thing ......... After paying $80 for its replacement it hasn't happened again. I think logitech's pricing fixed

that problem.

Inobu

Now i'm thinking, how to replace it :)