Kato 10-387 285-3000th series DCC

Vato

Vatato,

Many of the decoder links are dead as the forum server upgrade has a different link format so our thread images did not carry over.

You might want to look in my Gallery for a visual on some of the installs.

Inobu

Vatato,

Many of the decoder links are dead as the forum server upgrade has a different link format so our thread images did not carry over.

You might want to look in my Gallery for a visual on some of the installs.

Inobu

Thanks Inobu

Is that the "Sunrise Express" set? If so it isn't that hard to do it's very similar to most of the Kato decoder installs. How is your soldering skills?

Martijn Meerts

I've fairly recently installed a decoder in the Sunrise Express. It's not DCC friendly, so it needs to be soldered in, but the motor car is relatively easy to do, and there's plenty space to hide the decoder. I haven't done the cab cars yet, but getting a bipolar function decoder for those would be the easiest (as you won't need to alter the light boards)

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the install.. I really should take pictures more often when doing installs ;)

What is your experience level on installs?

Inobu

Advanced, convert too many locos, but with Japanese models have no experience, once try to install on the shinkansen, kato dcc decoder, but I cant, problems and now motor car is broken

Is that the "Sunrise Express" set? If so it isn't that hard to do it's very similar to most of the Kato decoder installs. How is your soldering skills?

It is, I have good skills, It is my first Japanese model

It your soldering skills are good it won't be heard to do...it's actually easy. You will need Kapton tape to isolate the feeds from the track to the motor. I'll see if I still have my photo step by step for an install....if not I know members here can help you.

• Like 1