Kato 10-387 with DCC?

Vato

The reason Vatato has been wandering from thread to thread asking how to install the decoder for his 10-387 is.....Our links in the DCC thread are dead.

A lot of the instruction images are blank. Which means he is not seeing anything to direct him.

Inobu

Sorry Vatato..........I guess your avatar has merit........lol   

Ahhh ok I didn't know the links were dead lol. As far as I'm aware 10-387 isn't a DCC friendly model so a manual install would be needed, soldering a decoder in etc...tricky business. I might be wrong but I'm positive it's not a Kato DCC friendly model. On the other hand, I'm selling 2 full sets in the for sale section, 10 car E2 and 8 car E4 which are DCC friendly. Bit of plugging never hurt lol.

Thanks,

Guy

Edited by GuyCS

http://www.quinntopia.com/2011/05/locomotive-roster-jr-series-285-sunrise.html?m=1

This link confirms that the sunrise express isn't DCC friendly. If you've manually installed decoders before then apparently it's quite easy. I however have no experience and ended up ruining an old Farish Class 158 trying to install a Lenz decoder. So I'm sticking with DC lol.

Thanks,

Guy

Edited by GuyCS