JNS Forum
Densha

Inspirational Scenery & Layouts

kvp
4 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Amazing stuff... Could see that a lot of research has to be done in order that the trains do not hit the platforms.. Also, longer nose trains might be an issue to even run pass the curved platforms, but nevertheless amazing to save space for a station on a small layout! 

Actually Tomytec makes curved side platforms for 280 and 317 mm curves. In this case the maximal inner and outer overhang has to be calculated for the rolling stock that will be in use, including the dynamic envelope of the moving cars. For constant radius curves, these two values will also be constants from the track centers.

railsquid
4 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

That's Tomy, I've subscribed to his channel for sometime now. His diorama is great, although I suspect it might be a rental layout. 🙂

It's his own layout, build as modules and filmed from clever angles:

• Like 6

railsquid

Another layout with curved platforms (longer and gentler):

• Like 7

Pauljag900

Hey Sammy,I follow this guy also.He does some really nice videos hey? 👍👍😀😀😀

bill937ca
Posted (edited)

Latest from yukikazeful.

The size of this layout is 2700 mm × 1500 mm, and the rail uses the product of PECO. The sound being used is for production and may differ from the actual vehicle.

Dust cover for his layout.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 7

katoftw

Not sure about the latest.  Sammy showed us that layout about 2 years ago.  When he was in his old apartment and looking for way to protect a layout from dust.  I love the layout itself.  And have had plans to copy it when I finally get my butt into gear and built it.

railsquid

It's a new video of an existing layout which is always worth a look.

• Like 1

Densha
  • Like 2

JR 500系

Jaw dropping goodness!

Cant put a finger if it is N or HO scale... looks too good to be N yet some aspects like the vehicles still look like N... 

Blinker lights included, a massive highway with toll station, all lighted up vehicles... super. 

• Like 2

railsquid

Definitely not N, presumably HO. This is a diorama at Isuzu Plaza . Search "いすゞプラザ ジオラマ" for more images.

Edited by Densha
Staff Comment: Removed Unnecessary Quote
  • Thanks 1

Densha

Staff Comment

I split off the posts about rolling stock into a new topic. This topic is meant for scenery and track laying inspiration, not for rolling stock discussion.

cteno4

Absolutely stunning ship models! Thanks densha. First couple of looks I could have sworn it was a real picture. They guy does a great job on his photography as well. Ship models are made the old fashion way with ribs and strips and then lots of putty and hand sanding. Making a small ferry and those types of small freighters has always been on my list.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cfueloil

jeff

JR 500系
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:05 AM, Densha said:

What?? That's a model? I thought it was a real photo! Amazing stuff!

9 hours ago, railsquid said:

Definitely not N, presumably HO. This is a diorama at Isuzu Plaza . Search "いすゞプラザ ジオラマ" for more images.

I see... was wondering how he got in some many electronics into the small N scale... Isuzu plaza... interesting. It has enough Isuzu trucks and buses to actually make me wanna go for a visit... haha