Inspirational Scenery & Layouts

Absolutely beautiful! I can identify the scratchbuilding materials like the plastic roof tile panels decorated with styrene strips and the cut up and rearranged woodboards and i recognise a few tomytec accessories but i just couldn't piece together the components so stunningly, not to mention the scene composition. Great work!

Ps: some of the low angle closeup street photos show the internal compositions of some of the buildings

Railsquid, I moved your post over here to keep all inspirational layout stuff together. ;)

• Like 1

Amazing....

The speed at which the video is filmed is perfect. Not too fast, and not too slow. Very smooth running too!

I really like the large apartment at 01:58, amazingly big with lights....

Is this a store layout?

• Like 1

Too nice for a store layout; definitely in someone's private home (house, not apartment), which looks like quite a nice one. Someone with a lot of time and money, possibly.

Das Steinkopf

Too nice for a store layout; definitely in someone's private home (house, not apartment), which looks like quite a nice one. Someone with a lot of time and money, possibly.

And most likely to be single or divorced, how many of us here who are married would have spouses that would allow us to take up most of a house to have a layout set up.

Maybe a second house for the layout, might solve a lot of problems!

Jeff

Maybe there's a second house for the spouse! Great work. I especially like the platform detail and schoolyard sports.

Mudkip Orange

On the curved platforms around 1:15 or so it sounds like the train is scraping the side.

Need to get the loading gauge check car out there.

But really, just a stupendous layout regards.

On the curved platforms around 1:15 or so it sounds like the train is scraping the side.

A note in the description says it's the camera scraping the platform roof.

Martijn Meerts

Wonder how he made the platforms considering they're in a rather gentle curve, but they look like Kato/Tomix platforms ...

I'm guessing that the bottom parts are custom made and the roofs are added with small bits removed from the ends to make them curve. It looks like on the videos, that while the platforms curve gently, the roofs are made out of more straight sections. The original edges can be reused too if you cut them off from the rest of the bracing and glue them to the board after bending, but then the top filler plates have to be replaced with painted styrene sheets. But since i can't find a daylight video of the station, this is just a guess.

Martijn Meerts

Yeah, it's really hard to tell from the video, but it does look really good. And considering I'm planning to have my main station in a curve as well, it'd be really interesting to see how he did it.

Wow!  that is really nicely done.  A double track commuter line.  And a branch/freight line.  And a rural line with a country station up the top.  The they all converge together at the lower/front big station/town/yards area.

Edited by katoftw