New GreenMax pre-colored structure items

I know those. The traffic signs, fences and some other details can be placed on the layout without painting, but I think that larger structures can be made in so many variations that you could better paint it yourself for originality. Maybe they are actually doing that though because there aren't any larger kits available (yet), but that may also be due to them testing this on the market.

I got myself some unpainted Greenmax fences a while ago, but still have to paint them, and that's something I keep delaying.

in the past everything was just one shade of gray plastic. most things that were not to be cement colored needed some paint. even the gray at least needed dull coat as it would be a tad to shiny for cement in most cases. 

probably feeling a little of the heat from tomytec with all prepainted stuff. many folks just dont want to get into painting so this may open a few more markets for greenmax. i think you are right its a test to see if they get some extra bites on these to do some of the other buildings this way. 

at some point inkjet printing is going to get good enough to do on plastic parts like this. they now have printer heads with cameras on them to register part positions for more accurate painting of 3D stuff and they can paint deeper than they could in the past. another addition to 3D part printing.

jeff