Slow sometimes...and other times, I have to refresh multiple times

Is it me or others experiencing slower response and page loads? And I have to try several times before the 'View New Content' page loads...some indexes on the DB tables need to be added or performance tweaked?

Overall, I like the new forum...I am thinking it is just some temporary glitch and we will see better performance soon...

John

CaptOblivious

I am too. I will be looking at the performance stats in the next couple of days. I have a feeling there are some tweaks we can apply. I also have a feeling that it is our hosting provider :(

Martijn Meerts

The tables should actually be indexed much better than the old forum, but what's causing (some) slowdowns is the fact that the new forum caches everything the first time a post is viewed. Until everything is cached there may be some issues.

I'll also look at a couple of other tweaks in the near future that should both increase performance and help out a bit with some backend stuff.

CaptOblivious

Look at usage stats, there is nothing out of the ordinary going on in terms of processor usage for the past few days, or memory usage.

It's a lot faster tonight than it was the other night, so it may depend on how many people are on simultaneously or some background activity on the server.  I just uploaded three attachments, and they went at least twice as fast as the other night.

Or maybe not: I just checked and it says 31 people online right now, and there were a lot fewer the other day when it felt slow.

Edited by KenS
CaptOblivious

It seems to be speeding up for me. I think Martijn's analysis of the slowdown is probably right. But we'll see!

been ok for me, but im on a fat fiber line. does seem to be speeding up a bit now so perhaps cashing is happening.

jeff

Today, it has been good so far. Faster loads and even faster refreshes...thanks Martijn and Don for all the hard work!

John

Martijn Meerts

According to the admin panel, 15689 out of 77041 (about 20%) of the posts have been cached now.

• Like 1

I wanted to also report that my experience on iPad and iPhone is much better with the new forum software! I am liking it.