Some random questions and test reports

True, unfortunately. From version 9 it seems to be a lot faster than before but I find the security, options and still the speed worse compared to other. Everything just works better with Firefox and Chrome.

Most people I know that use IE are the people that don't know much about IT at all and the ones who do (often even slightly) use other browsers.

Martijn Meerts

I actually dislike Firefox a lot.. The thing likes to keep a local cache which you can't turn off. It happens very often when I make changes to a page, which show up instantly in Safari, but it can easily take an hour for them to show up in Firefox.

I pretty much exclusively use Safari on OS X, and IE10 the few times I'm on Windows. For development purposes I have a whole lot of different ones installed though :)

Now that you mention it I actually have problems with the cache currently, but it started last year and never had problems before. I tried clearing all personal files but there were still cookies and cache that weren't deleted. Very weird stuff happening but I usually it works. If it doesn't I'll just open Chrome; but also Chrome has some strange behaviours once in a time. No wonder I have two browsers installed... IE may not have these problems but it has others, the conclusion is that there's not really any browser that is perfect.

I use Firefox.  At least on the Mac version you can wipe the cache (in Preferences / Advanced / Network there's a "Clear" button).  It's not a real replacement for sensible cache management, but it can help you test without getting hung up on old data (I use it a lot when updating my site).

Martijn Meerts

Even clearing the cache doesn't always fix the problem.

The worst one I've had was when I removed an image from a server, but Firefox happily kept displaying it until about 3 days after deleting the image, and that was after clearing the cache multiple times ;)

I just noticed that some "warning points" thing has appeared in my profile beside the posts. Is that intended?
(Just like many other things I find it useless to see it in every post of mine, the simpler the better.)

CaptOblivious
I just noticed that some "warning points" thing has appeared in my profile beside the posts. Is that intended?

(Just like many other things I find it useless to see it in every post of mine, the simpler the better.)

I'll see if I can disable that. That was the result of my playing around with the moderation system last night. Can you see the warning points next to anyone else's posts? I can see it for everyone, but then I am an admin…

Ah, good to know that. I was just curious.

I can only see the warning points beside my own posts, not from anyone else.

Something completely different, but I thought I read somewhere that there is being worked on in some way: there's this frame around the avatars right? My avatar is 100x100px but seems slightly resized resulting in a blurry image. And I see that with many people's avatar.