Japanese Modelling & Japan Rail Enthusiasts Forum
Martijn Meerts

Reporting bugs and feature requests

cteno4   
6 hours ago, velotrain said:

> "if you are still getting notifications turn them off and if you have any problems or questions please pm densha or myself."

Jeff - I get Notifications for PM's, but that makes no sense as both are right next to each other on the screen, so it's just wasted duplication.

Is there some way to turn those off?

Yes this is a default of the new version of the software so you have to go in as densha outlined and turn off notifications so you don't get them along with the pm flag, it is redundant, but the default.

jeff

cteno4   

We are having an odd issue that popped in yesterday with attachments. We had a list of graphic attachment extensions and pdf and txt allowed and they were all working, but for some reason the software is only allowing the last on the list right now. so for now we are back to just jpg attachments. hopefully we will find out the bug here and get other types working again.

jeff

cteno4   

You may notice returns are now just a line feed. the old software had this as a default as most plain text editors, email programs, and web based text boxes are default to this. The new forum software lets you put them each return as a full return like in a word process (and an option return for a hard return like the old line feed) or as a lifefeed.

Unfortunately all the old posts end up with double full returns when the edit option is set to returns so old posts end up with a lot of white space and there is no easy way to correct this.

so we set the system back to the old way it functions so it will be backward compatible on all the old posts and also not be a big change in how folks are use to typing in the forum (and still default for most quick text box situations like the forum folks use).

cheers

jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1

kvp   

Uplodading PNG files are disabled. It worked a few days ago and this means all 2 color drawings have to be uploaded as huge JPG-s to remain readable.

Yeah, it's a known issue which suddenly appeared. I've been looking into it the past days but haven't been able to figure out what's happening. When we add other allowed file types to the list, none of them get accepted apart from the last one in the list. I'll have a look again tonight when I get home from work, and if I can't find anything I'll probably remove the file type limitation, but add a file size limitation instead.

kvp   
1 minute ago, Martijn Meerts said:

Yeah, it's a known issue which suddenly appeared. I've been looking into it the past days but haven't been able to figure out what's happening. When we add other allowed file types to the list, none of them get accepted apart from the last one in the list. I'll have a look again tonight when I get home from work, and if I can't find anything I'll probably remove the file type limitation, but add a file size limitation instead.

Thanks. We already had one before the update, around 2MB. Personally i would really love to have an auto resize for jpg-s to get any larger jpg file below the allowed size. (usually just recompressing with quality targeted at a certain output file size is enough, while leaving the width and height the same)

I've disabled the file type limitation for now, and added a file size limitation instead. Let me know if it's not working right and I'll look into it some more :)

cteno4   

The file attachment and external image links are doing some squirrelie things here the last few days. Not sure why external images turned off there, hopefully they are back on, but this may be an odd cashing issue. It may take a day or so to settle down.

jeff