New Book Came today

I've been collecting books about Japanese for about six yearsa or so and have made some incredible finds, for instance, Charles Small's signal diagrams and track maps of the Tokyo area that were sent to a friend of his, who gave them to another friend, who gave them to our tower because he is a tower member and clearing out his collections as he works on his RR atlases, our tower chairman selling them  to me because he knew I was interested in Japan.  

Two books though, that I have wanted for some time have eluded me until now.  These two:

http://www.jrtr.net/publications/index_publications.html

I've wanted them since I first was this page about seven years ago and there seemed to be none available from any of the railroad booksellers I deal with, Japanese bookstores or the used book market.  Well just last week both of them showed up on the book excahnge.  

the technology book was expensive.  The JR history book was $5.00 or 90% discount on a book that as it came in today looks like new.  A truly great find at an incredible price.

The JRTR technology book is a good primer on modern railway technology, not just in Japan but the world as a whole.  It used to available at my local bookstore until about two years ago, maybe it's out of print.  It is getting a bit dated.