Kato "DCC Friendly" models

CaptOblivious

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I was recently somewhat irritated at the lack of a single consistent sheet explaining the compatibility of kato models.  I happened upon kato's entire recent catalog in the form of their stock list, was thinking of converting it into a spreadsheet that would have DCC compatibility, decoder type, coupler type, maybe led or bulb headlights, perhaps a way for people to checkmark only the ones they own.  If anyone has any more ideas for useful additions I'd be glad to hear them, I will be sharing the file once I've filled it as best I can, and would love input from people who own the many models I do not.

http://www.katomodels.com/distribution/stock.pdf

• Like 2

Just checking in to see if there had been any progress made on the list. I totally agree with you on "the lack of a single consistent sheet explaining the compatibility of Kato models." I've reach out to several decoder vendors this afternoon so hopefully (fingers crossed) I'll have information in the next couple days.

On 10/5/2018 at 3:40 PM, EdF said:

Made new thread with just DCC compatibility.

Yes, I was just trying to work out the logic of having both threads. It seems the @EdF thread has all the information of this thread and more, in a more usable form. Probably time up unpin this one and let her sink.

• gavino200 unpinned this topic