Modemo 20000 RSE odakyu last running

keitaro

The modemo looks nice. really Ma quality in looks. However it has build issues not bad but not to the kato tomix level of quality.

Examples being

1. the Bogey pops out pulling from case and pops off if nudged gently.

2. the shells some times click if squeezed as though they are not mounting right.

3. the couplers are not the regular Arnold they are thinner, that's not an issue though but what is is the fact that they twist and then need to be adjusted to couple together.

4. the red rear lights both sides are too far back so unless dark or looking at it with head more level to where the train is it's hard to see.

what i do like though is the leds are very easy to light up very low voltage required.

instruction book is good for the stickers unlike some kato or tomix models. It shows a nice diagram.

It has the tn coupler slots and compatible with tomix or MA interior lights.

It may be a tad more difficult to dcc than a tomix model on the motor unit as it looks harder to isolate.

Though i only had a quick glance.

Some parts are held on by screws. I actually like this better than the plastic breakable clips.

parts such as the motor chassis the front and rear blue part of the train.

I can't see the lighting board but would say it's similar to the newer tomix models like in the 24 series and Cassiopeia i.e. a small board with the circuits mounted down tight on the pick up strips. (it's got tape on the edges probably to stop light bleed)

btw i also got the dapol pannier tank.

It's a beauty runs better than the tomix Thomas, no fly wheel like Thomas and bit noisier but it pulls damn good.

I'm talking 8 hoki 10000's with real coal fully loaded. the Ma c11 couldn't get this config up the hill and it has rubbers. the pannier doesn't and it some how got up with only a bit of slippage.

Some how they also managed to get a 6pin nem socket in and what is brilliant about this is the driver cab floor is the dcc decoder/dc blanking plug's back. Amazing

The video below is the RSE at one point you can see me wearing in the dapol pannier with 1 hoki

• Like 1