Rakuten Limited Countries FREE shipping Promotion!

JR 500系

I received this email from Rakuten, an online merchant which introduced me to Bigman Izu sometime ago:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/event/freeshipping/?scid=me_ich_pcn_memb_20121120_02_012

Seems like Rakuten is giving FREE shipping (up to 4000yen, above 4000yen additional amount must be paid) for limited destinations!

Total purchase amount must be above 10000yen, and you must also be a Rakuten member. Application is free though...

It seems quite interesting as an automatic shipping discount of up to 4000yen! Good to grab some bigger sets! I have already made an order to Bigman Izu and will see if the promotion is truely valid as it says.

Hurry though, it only last for 3 days, 20-22 November 2012!

Happy shopping!   :grin

Sorry to hear that Darklighter. I was skeptical, so i tried Rakuten again for this promotion, going back to Bigman Izu again. I had to wait for about 2 days (i placed order on the 22nd Nov) thinking whether or not the shipping will be free as it stated.. (I fulfilled all the requirements; i.e. Country Sillypore, Total amount more than 10000yen and all ordered items are the ones with the promotion code only) and ain't i surprised today!

Seems it worked perfectly!

IMG_1657.jpg

Parcel from Bigman Izu...

IMG_1658.jpg

Look closely at the shipping section.... It's ZERO yen!

I could have sworn if i had not spent so much this month, i would have took advantage of this free shipping discount as it is on a 'per-order' basis hence you can actually order alot on different orders so long the total per order is above 10000yen, and you would have saved so much on shipping alone...

Really hopes it does happen again...

• Like 1

Hi transparente:

Sorry for the late reply.

Based on my experience (twice only) with Bigman Izu and Rakuten, they usually take about 3-5 days to process the order and send out the item. From the day you ordered from Bigman Izu through Rakuten, Bigman Izu will process and check your required items stock and get back to you the total bill with the shipping costs. Do note that Bigman Izu provides EMS ONLY. After you make payment through paypal / credit card in Rakuten, Bigman will then send out the items with a tracking number (since it's EMS) and you should receive it very fast, about 3-5 days perhaps, depending on your country.

Best thing is you can earn points with purchases in Rakuten, which can be offset for your future purchases. Also, Rakuten tends to have special promotions (like the one i posted above) once in a while and it's really good to stay tuned~

Darklighter

"Eligible destinations: All countries (except for Japan)" and "Free shipping up to 5,000 JPY from Japan to all countries where EMS delivery is available" sounds very good, but is Bigman a participating store?

JR 500系

Well the previous campign Bigman was included which i got something from him (please see above pictures), so i'm thinking it should be the same..

This free shipping is excellent for buying those large box sets like starter sets! I bought my V1 from Bigman Izu using this promotion... Brought down the cost a whole lot!

I just read up on this Rakuten site...is it as easy and reliable as it seems?

How do you know which merchants are participating?

Edited by Minelayer

@ Minelayer: Yes it's actually quite a simple process, much like just buying off HS. There's english guides too so that makes things easier. Also, Bigman has quite a large range of stuff that definately people would want/ need ~ There's also other merchants like Darklighter has mentioned in his last post ~ Also, you can also earn points to offset purchase, much like HS ~ You should Try it!

Perfect news! Gentlemen start your engines!

It also includes pre-orders, as long as your order is shipped before 30th June ~ It's great to get pre-order sets!

From Rakuten:

Notes

For international shipping, the store will send you a shipping fee confirmation email to let you know the total amount of shipping fees owed. In cases where the shipping charges exceed 5,000 yen, the Customer shall be responsible to pay the difference.

For orders containing pre-ordered products, the order will only be eligible for this campaign if the order is shipped before June 30rd 2013

In the case Rakuten determines a misuse of this campaign, the order may be deemed ineligible.

For more information on Rakuten Global Market kindly check our Help Page here.

Edited by JR500 のぞみ
Darklighter

I've already placed 3 orders.  :glasses2:  (Bigman, Tenshodo, AmiAmi)

I wonder, if it would be possible to cancel an order with AmiAmi, if the order can't be shipped before June 30rd 2013. 

Darklighter

Two tips I would like to share:

1. Sometimes it's helpful to search for the Japanese product name. I guess, the search engine translates everything to Japanese anyway and this way you can avoid false translations (which may result in 0 search results).
  2. In order to find items in stock at AmiAmi you should search for "在庫品" in their rakuten shop.

Hi Darklighter:

I have placed an order with Bigman too... The free shipping is too good to resist! It's a great time to grab those large and heavy items, like starter sets, catalogues, large buildings etc that would be costly to ship otherwise... I ordered the Kato 2013 catalogue, Tomytec Rool sign (for my car), some Kato 'local' shop houses and some tracks...

I'm thinking AmiAmi wouldn't be pleased with that, since after 30th June if the item does not come in, normal shipping kicks in and the promotion is invalid. I'm thinking there is a red banner below items that eligible for the free shipping promotion, so i think if the item doesn't come in berfore 30th June it is not valid for the promotion...

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/mokeiyabigman/#googtrans/ja/en

The red tags that say 'Free shipping up to 5000yen' below the item means the item is eligible for the promotion. I wonder why some items are not eligible, although they're small and in stock...

I just found AmiAmi on Rakuten.. There are very minimal items that have the red promotional tag below them..

http://global.rakuten.com/en/search?k=kato&tl=&f=2&p=4&sid=amiami#googtrans/ja/en

This is bad news... But surprising to find their prices are quite attractive! Although some of the pictures do not correspond with the description...

Edited by JR500 のぞみ

@JR500 - I purchased the Kato catalog as well from Bigman (along with some other items). Cant beat free shipping on the catalogs, especially.

Does anyone know how long before the invoice is sent?

Edited by Minelayer
Darklighter
I wonder why some items are not eligible, although they're small and in stock...

According to Rakuten, the red tags don't matter. If a shop participates, all items of this shop are eligible for free shipping.

I didn't order anything from AmiAmi that isn't in stock, as it seems like they don't accept cancellations.

@Minelayer: I haven't received an invoice from Bigman either. I guess he is pretty busy right now because he took a day of on Tuesday and Wednesday (according to an automatic mail I received yesterday). But he answered an email of mine this morning.

Got an e-mail from Bigman with my EMS tracking number last night and it looks like my entire order will be shipped for free. Can't wait to get the trains.

Yes, i receive my Tracking number today too.  i reckon Bigman Izu san has been really busy lately with this promotion going on... It's a really good promotion, and great to snap up those larger boxes and catalogues~!

Man Man Man that is lightning fast!

I'm a happy man today!

A parcel from Bigman Izu! That was lightning fast! I saw Izu san mailed it out via EMS on Sat 18th May 2013 and i receive it this afternoon. Its a Sunday, and it only took 2 days exactly! NOW THAT's FAST! Best of all.... IT'S FREE!!!!!

Check out my post on 'What did the post deliver' for pictures! Sweet FREE AND FAST Shipping! Thank you Bigman Izu san!

Darklighter

I'm still waiting for the invoices from Bigman. 2 orders include pre-order items, but the other 2 don't.  :crybaby2:

UPDATE: A few seconds after posting the first invoice arrived,  :grin

Edited by Darklighter

Take care Mr JR500.

The free shipping limit is ¥3000 per order.  I believe even a single train in a case can cost more than that to ship to some parts of the world.  You will need a lot of small orders to maximise your value here and the minimum order value to qualify is ¥10,000.

Good luck ... ;)

Guest keio6000

(deleted my post since it was one long rant about rakuten's terrible website; true in every respect, but too true for respectable company.  In short, the Rakuten Global management and technical staff should be fired instantly for their disgrace of a website.)

Edited by keio6000

Thanks Ochanomizu san for the clarification~ I have some layout stuff in mind after planning to expand an additional line from my ground lines to let it have a gradient up slope, viaduct through the city buildings, gradient downslope into the rural area and join back to the main line. I've measured the layout and i think it'll work nicely and add abit of variety to my somewhat boring ground and elevated oval tracks, plus having a train through the city i bet it'll look nice!

keio6000 - You have some bad experience with Rakuten? While i do agree the description and pictures are somewhat misleading and annoying, i actually find their service alright. Don't mind sharing your experience with us, since this is a Rakuten thread anyway? 

* I just can't miss the free shipping promotion! *