Tokyu Tamaden Deha200 modemo

This is just so ugly but interesting at the same time.

I think i'm falling in love.

This is just like the tobu 1700/1720 DRC's ugly, yet beautiful!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10202543

anyway time to do some research on this and perhaps order.....

I wonder if the KTR tango DMU's where inspired by this lol

They were nicknamed "caterpillars".  Unibody construction was somewhat in vogue during the postwar period of the 1950's, but was later abandoned for more orthodox techniques which were advanced by the JNR 101/103 series.

*to add: these units had compact direct drive motors, similar or identical to PCC car motors.  There is a preserved unit at the Tokyu Transport Museum on the Den'en Toshi Line.

• Like 1

I really would like one, but it doesn't really fit my collection of high-floor interurbans... Anyway, this rolling stock has always been interesting to me, since they have a single-axle middle bogie!

It's pretty ugly. But very fascinating. I'm working on a small 50's/60's layout right now and it's the perfect eye candy for it.

actually the model looks quite nice. its different for sure! i have the tamaden version that came out a year of so back. it has that great retro look to me.

jeff

It somewhat resembles a trailer from some kind of vendor that was always parked a few streets from where I live until some years ago, it looked like a giant potato with the same colors as this train. :grin

also with out the outside bogie frames it looks like the wheels are going to come off!

it really has that 30s-50s retro future look to it. i like it as it has some style and a boldness with the odd bits as well. some designer was at play here with the look for sure, wasnt just one step off the last model. but hey i like the things that are different!

jeff