1/6 Scale Military

My main hobby for the past decade has been 1/6 military figures. I grew up in a poor family and had few toys but one of them was a GiJoe. That was the greatest toy for a youngster. I had a frogman with a sea sled and had countless adventures.

Many years ago GiJoe was re-released and while it brought back memories much of the fun factor was missing. That is until some newer companies entered the market in the late 1990s and started to make well equipped soldiers with far more realistic detail. Gone were the toy-ish aspect and enter a more realistic figure.

I had some unfinished business with these figures - always wanting to make dioramas and do storyboards. I'm still a long way from that but thought you might enjoy seeing what some "Masters" in this hobby have done.

Much of the items you see are scratch-built... I think these guys do a great job!!

http://www.vonabt.co.uk/siteindex/siteindex.htm

This is a favorite:

http://www.vonabt.co.uk/dios/WinterMarch/index.html

These guys define only one part of the hobby. There are others that sculpt faces through to recreating scenes and vignettes from famous movies.

Perhaps the most shocking aspect of this scale is the size of some of the equipment. A 1/6 scale German Tiger tank from WWII is almost 4 feet long!

Cheers

Rick

Hi Rick,

For the past 13yrs., we have been offering 1/6 scale WWII tanks and armour to the 12" GI Joe community around the world. 

Our stuff is made out of fiberglass and since 2000, these are the guys that we are currently making and have made for:

kriegsmaschine.com  (closed shop)

creative-diversions.com  (also closed)

panzerwerk.com (still active)

truescalearmour.com (who carries most of our stuff now)

and last is

plasticpanzers.8k.com (still active)

I stopped collecting the 12" figures about a decade ago as 300 figures were getting plenty and I had to stop or run out of room. They were mostly Dragon figures.

Mardon