Ecosys is coming out of the closet

to2leo

Ecosys is the latest snap on snap off layout that I have.  The 2 mainlines layout was completed in Dec 31, 2008 and saw its first revenue service on Jan 1, 2009.  The first train was pulled by Taiwan's T700 by Kato.

I hope you can enjoy the layout with me as I add buildings and life into it.

In the mean time, please feel free to enjoy my layout pictures below.

60_07_03_09_8_32_51.JPG

Future Ecosys Terminal Station.

60_07_03_09_8_34_33.JPG

Ecosys at night by the Skyline Station

60_07_03_09_8_28_09.JPG

East meets West

You have a nice roster. How do you like the two TVG sets and in the second photo is that the TVGs lite up? Also, how big is the layout?

Thanks for sharing!

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for the comments.

I have 3 TGVs (Euromed, Thalys, and POS)  I am ordering the Duplex from Japan.

I love the performance of the TGVs, they are smooth and easy to disassemble for maintenance and installation of the Kato LED lights.

My layout is shaped like a figure 8 but more as a L shape than the circle shape.  I have a train yard, 2 intermediate station and a station terminal planned.

This is a smaller layout, it takes a train about one minute on normal speed to complete the loop.

It is a vast improvement over the French TVG where you can't install lights and the pantographs are super fragile.

Have you cut some of your Unitrack to fit certain radii? (looking at the first photo) If you did, how did you re-connect the pieces, did you use different rail joiners?

Hi Bernard,

I never try cutting the unitrack to fit, I usually reconfigure to the point that I can fit the the expansion track to solve the problem.

I need an expansion track for that stretch because I include a Wye style track to help long trains make a 3 points turn without manually doing it in my station terminal.

Leo

Leo - I just took a look in the gallery and saw your Odakyu Romance Car 50000 Series VSE, that is one hard train to find! How do you like it compared to your other trains, would you recommend it to others and is it as short as I think it is?

Hi Bernard,

I got the Odakyu Romance Car 50000 Series VSE last year in Hong Kong.  This was the first release and I got the last one.  The train run faster than the average Kato trainsets.  The product is well made and the wheels can go over the roughest tracks and tightest curves.  The electrical pick up is at the central motor car so there are embedded wire going across the entire train for directional lighting and interior lighting.  The product is made in Japan and the train cars are short but the whole consist is as long as other 6-7 car sets from Kato or Tomix.

Hi Sushi Train,

Ecosys is the name of my train layout, it is stand for Economic/Ecological System.

Sushi Train

Hi Bernard,

I got the Odakyu Romance Car 50000 Series VSE last year in Hong Kong.  This was the first release and they just had the last one.  The train run faster than average the Kato.  The product is well made and the wheels can go over the roughest tracks and tightest curves.  The electrical pick up is at the central motor car so there are embedded wire going across the entire train for directional lighting and interior lighting.  The product is made in Japan.

Hi Sushi Train,

Ecosys is the name of my train layout, it is stand for Economic/Ecological System.

Oh, OK thanks, I'll have to think of a name for mine, when its finished.  ;D

Leo - It's interesting that you say the 50000 runs faster than the Kato train sets. I have a Tomix 800 Shinkansen and when I first got it I tested it on DC, it flew around the track, it was a lot faster than any of my other trains. When I converted it over to DCC, (BTW my easiest Tomix decoder install) it ran just like all the Katos.

That's good to know Bernard.  Turning my layout to DCC will be something I will try in the future once it becomes usually friendly enough to do it on a computer.  Also, I really am hoping trains will go wireless with DCC rather than relying it on tracks.

The suspense is killing me, I dying to see a wider shot of the layout. ;)

Every time you add a photo, you reveal yet another train on your roster.  :o

How many main lines does Ecosys have?

Hi Bernard,

I think I lost count but I will let you know in my continuing effort of showcasing my trains and a bit of the layout each time! ;D

Sushi Train

Japanese and Euro trash trains on the same layout!! this user should be banned! LOL!  ;D

I'm in deeeeeep trouble here.

Never! its all about the trains  8)