Sushi Train's Layout

Sushi Train

Sushi Train

Bernard- I think it is part of the Tetsu Cafe bar chain, is that the name? there's one in Tokyo, this is in Osaka and has lots of model train shops around it and also Tam Tam models too where I saw a 0 series Dr Yellow 7 car set I need from MicroAce but didn't get it!  :'( :'( :'( :'( it was the start of the trip and we still had to make our way up to Sapporo and stupidly thought I'd find it again in Tokyo later. WRONG!!!!!!!!!

IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT!

Then I found this Microace A1154 in Sapporo and just had to get it.......forgetting that I already owned one!!!

IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT!

LOL!  ;D

UPDATE

It's not the Tetsu cafe but part of another chain called Ginza-Panorama, here's the site-

http://www.ginza-panorama.com/store/index.html

and the Osaka restaurant-

http://www.ginza-panorama.com/store/amagasaki/index.html

plus the mall in Amagasaki where its located in-

http://www.hobbista.jp/

Its well worth a visit if you can!  :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/world_news_america/7955345.stm

SubwayHypes

i LOVE how japanese hobby shops display their trains, in long long lines about 10 tracks deep, just stockpiled with trains.

Im gonna take the trip out to Osaka and check that out, what train line is it off, what station?

Sushi Train

Hi Jansen,

How is the layout coming along, any more photos?

Hi Bernard,

Not much is happening at the moment, been helping a friend build an HO layout (picture below) Saying that, I just yesterday bought a Kato Rural platform 23-130 and a Tomytec Japanese shop in traditional style, I wanted to see how they look and am very impressed with Tomytec in their detail and weathering.

Thanks  :)

post-147-1356992246144_thumb.jpg

post-147-13569922462534_thumb.jpg

post-147-13569922462786_thumb.jpg

Sushi Train

LOL! the one without the big belly :o but I am at least 20 years younger than them....so there's plenty of time to make one  :P

Sushi Train

thats a pretty crazy train table, taking up a bedroom and not the basement!!

Its actually a building he had made next to his house, 2 thirds for his layout and 3rd for his wife's sewing  ::) wont be long before its all his lol  ;D

post-147-13569922489433_thumb.jpg

Jansen - You friend is one serious model maker.... and that's a good friend to have. You are going to learn a lot working on this layout, I'm jealous. What era is he planning on modeling? What flex track is he using? And here is the big question, does he mind sharing the development of the layout here at this forum? (Just put some of your Japanese prototypes on the trains when you take photos ::))

And I like your new Avatar, where did you get it?

Sushi Train

Jansen - You friend is one serious model maker.... and that's a good friend to have. You are going to learn a lot working on this layout, I'm jealous. What era is he planning on modeling? What flex track is he using? And here is the big question, does he mind sharing the development of the layout here at this forum? (Just put some of your Japanese prototypes on the trains when you take photos ::))

And I like your new Avatar, where did you get it?

Bernard- He is running pretty much modern era American and Australian, he's using Peco 100 throughout. As for sharing his development, he's leaving it up to me to post pics as he's not really a computer type guy. Its HO scale and I only have n-gauge  :-\

Avatar is from off the net but I am currently redoing it better, will upload it soon.

Thanks  :)

Sushi Train

Hi, I would like to ask for some advice from you guys,

I was planning to model Mt Fuji out of styrene on my layout but after exhausted web searches mostly on Japanese sites I've noticed nobody does this with their layouts in Japan, my question is, is it not done because of the cultural and ancestral implications or am I blowing smoke up my proverbial? Does anyone have layout pics with one? Thanks for any input if any.

Jansen. 

CaptOblivious

Hi, I would like to ask for some advice from you guys,

I was planning to model Mt Fuji out of styrene on my layout but after exhausted web searches mostly on Japanese sites I've noticed nobody does this with their layouts in Japan, my question is, is it not done because of the cultural and ancestral implications or am I blowing smoke up my proverbial? Does anyone have layout pics with one? Thanks for any input if any.

Jansen. 

I think it is because Mt Fuji is just so darned…big…that to capture its grandeur is just so much easier with a backdrop. That's a guess, anyway. I'm sure it's not a reverence thing.

WOW.  I really love how they scenic'd that restaurant layout!  I had been thinking of trying a change of season transition because I really want a winter scene but do not want the whole layout winter.  And that waterfront is really nice looking...looks like a resort area.

Sushi Train

WOW.  I really love how they scenic'd that restaurant layout!  I had been thinking of trying a change of season transition because I really want a winter scene but do not want the whole layout winter.  And that waterfront is really nice looking...looks like a resort area.

that whole layout is bloody awesome mate!! i wanted to take it home with me  :'(

Sushi Train

Hi, mine is slow at the moment, bought a few bits but really, im waiting for trip to Japan in September to really start on it.

Was at my friends on Sunday laying more track, almost done then its into landscaping  :)

Thanks.

Jansen - how are the two layouts you're working on coming along, anything new?

Nothing new with my layout yet, going to Japan in 3 weeks then its [glow=red,2,300]ON[/glow]

My friends layout is coming along nicely, track is down and have started the scenery, will upload some pics later.