Char, Zeeks and Gundam Pilots On your Layout!!

I think this is probably due to the large amount of 1/144 scale gundam models around, without pliots to drive them! I know of some modellers who actually uses N scale Tomytec buildings for fighting scenes for 1/144 robots... Quite a nice effect!

Then again, Char taking a Shinkansen wouldnt look bad at all!  :grin

I'd rather have a real 1:1 RX78-2 so I wouldn't have to deal with rush hour anymore. I will however note that my insurance would go up after stepping on a few cars on the main drag though. Then again with the sheer number of checks I could pick up, I really wouldn't care. I'd be all like, "Hey baby, forget about that jackass in the Gelgoog..."

I'd rather have a real 1:1 RX78-2 so I wouldn't have to deal with rush hour anymore. I will however note that my insurance would go up after stepping on a few cars on the main drag though. Then again with the sheer number of checks I could pick up, I really wouldn't care. I'd be all like, "Hey baby, forget about that jackass in the Gelgoog..."

True! But parking it would be cheap though...

HHmmm i beg to differ with the Gelgoog... Zaku are strong machines too, it mainly depends on the pliot's skills. Remember Char in his Zaku II destroyed almost an entire fleet of federation war ships?

Char & Amuro, always torn between chosing which is my all time favourite pliot....

I actually love the Zaku, and had originally typed Zaku in the entry but backtracked and replaced with with Gelgoog because it just sounded better in conversion. Plus, it left me n opening to sing, "How much for that Gelgoog in the window."

Martijn Meerts

I'm still working on my PG Gundam 00 Raiser, thing has a ton of parts.. A single hand alone is almost 30 parts already, and the entire frame has tons of movable bits and pieces which interestingly enough you'll never see considering the armour bits cover it all :)

I'm still working on the test build, after which I'll take everything apart again, glue the pieces together, get rid of all the seams that shouldn't be there, paint it, add decals, weather it, clear coat it several times.. I guess in about 10 years I might be finished ;)

Martijn Meerts

I'm enjoying building it, but painting/decalling/weathering it will be scary.. But without it, they do look rather plastic-like ..

Some of the older ones (which they're still occasionally doing a rerun of) are reasonably priced actually. I believe the 00 Raiser and the newest custom version of Strike Freedom (which has never actually appeared in any anime/manga as far as I understand) are the 2 most expensive ones. Of course, in case of 00 Raiser you get not just a Gundam, but a fighter jet as well :)

Those RG's are also tempting, I should get me a couple of those ...

Martijn Meerts

I have a 1/144 Zaku which I need to finish. I managed to actually get a small pink LED to fit in it's head, so it should look rather interesting once all done and lit up. I'm at the point where I need to paint the interior of the head though, but it's a really small piece, and I don't feel like taking out the airbrush just to spray that single piece. Need to wait until I've got some other parts of other Gundams that need to be sprayed black and then just do them all at once :)

Martijn Meerts

Hmm.. I think a 1:1 model would be quite expensive, and just imagine the shipping cost on that one ;)

Although, something a little bigger than a PG (maybe a 1:45 or even a 1:30) with fully detailed and illuminated interior.. I'd be all over that :)