YouTube Video and 2009 Model Train Calendars

Concept Model Trains

Concept - I have a ton of questions but first, thanks for posting a video of your layout.

What are the dimensions of your layout? I like the texture of the grass, what did you use? On the first video you posted what is the model prototype of the 2 car set on the 2nd outer rail? (It runs along side the 800 Shinkansen 3 car set.)

We had a discussion on the ICE 3 set, how do you like it and which brand do you have, the Minitrix or the Fleishmann?

Concept Model Trains

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for the feedback on the videos.  The layout you saw was quite large by N-scale standards with the dimensions of approx. 65" (165cm) wide and 75" (190cm) deep.  It was the first layout I created.  I have a few photos on my website http://www.mmts.com.au/train_layouts/cityscape.htm. The grass texture is a Noch Grass mat called Spring Meadow.  It looks quite nice on the layout. 

The railcar that you saw on on the 2nd outer rail is a Fleishmann "Desiro" diesel railcar unit of the ÖBB, class 5022.  It's a special edition so the grey and black markings are qite distinctive. I've also got a red and grey unit (Fleishmann model no. 7422).

The ICE 3 is the Minitrix model.  Really wanted to get the Fleishmann but I went to into a shop to buy the Fleishmann ICE 3 and saw the Desiro railcars and decided to go them instead.  The Minitrix model was a cheap alternate for my collection.  Although the Minitrix has no lights' I've found it to have great performance and is very stable.  I often run the Minitrix ICE 3 and Fleishmann Desiros together as they work so well.

regards,

Bryan

Concept Model Trains

Bernard,

Unfortunately I've had to move so that layout is packed away for the moment until I get some room.  I'll put longer video of it on YouTube later this week if you want a closer look.  The sailboat are Noch models.  I bought them at a place called All-Aboard http://www.allaboard.com.au/who are the Australian distributors of Noch and Fleishmann.  It's the same place I bought the two Desiro railcars. 

Bryan