Forum updates

Do you mind me asking for something personal? I really hate it when forums change software and the smileys change automatically as well. Often the expressions of the smileys are different, and even if it isn't it's often confusing and something I don't want to learn again. True, it's not that important at all, but it would be nice if it could be done.

Not much has happened in the last few weeks.  I, for one, am planning my Japan trip in October as well as doing a new website for my business.  These activities have absorbed most of my free time.

But I agree with you on the smiley issue.  I've always been annoyed that typing ;) won't give me an animated wink smiley here as it does on some other forums I know.

I'm sure it will be looked at.

Cheers

The_Ghan

But even more important than introducing new smileys (which isn't very necessary in my opinion because everyone understands them anyway) is that the current smileys have to be exported/imported correctly so that we won't have wrong smileys in its place or that all current smileys just disappear. When using a new pack of smileys I think you have to manually select which one should replace them. Personally I'm liking the current smileys so IMO I don't need any replacement at all.

Anyway, I'll see what you'll do (or not do) with this, I don't really have to add anything to this myself.

Martijn Meerts

Domino, Drupal is a CMS, not a dedicated forum software. Drupal can also be very confusing to set up and maintain, but it is a very good system. (My jr-chiisai page runs Drupal for example, albeit an old, outdated version because I can't be bothered to update it until I more actively use the site :))

Densha, I don't see any problem with keeping the current smileys. If I remember right, there's even an option in the new forum software to import smileys from the old software :)

(As always, whenever I think I'll get some time to do stuff for the forum/myself, it turns out that's not the case.. I'll work on the new software whenever time permits, but of course I do also want to work on my layout and other things as well :))

Martijn Meerts

Hopefully yes, although I may need to cut it down to 1.5 to 2 weeks instead of 2.5 to 3 weeks, depending on a variety of factors.