Original Godzilla

cteno4

Just rewatching the original Godzilla movie (uncut Japanese version w/o old Ironside) and I had always missed they put him at 2 million years old and from the jurassic period, that's only 150 million years off!

But in watching it I am marveling at how well they created the masonary walls in the models to crumble so well when he is crunching them.

Jeff

I love the Godzilla movies, grew up watching them on Saturday afternoons. I heard there's a new one being made in the US, I hope it isn't as bad as the last American one. I seem to remember a few years back that the Japanese were going to give Godzilla a 10 year break. I can't wait for those 10 years to be up!

embarrassed to say i probably have about a dozen on dvd and traded up over the years for the nicer dvds with extras...

you always have to giggle about the model cities getting smashed, but in looking at some it dawned on me how hard it would be to get many of the things to crumble as well as they do in these! i have noticed at times i think they slow the flim down (probably shoot it 2x) to get more of the debris flying in a way you can notice it.

jeff

I have a 1/200 gamera model I have to build! Wish he was 1/150...

One thing that is taken out of Godzilla movies is the dust. There is some, but it's heavy and settles fast! After the world trade center you see how much dust is put up with a building collapse. But if you were realistic you would never see the monsters after the first building was crushed, just a giant dust cloud!

Jeff

You guys shouldn't get so excited about Godzilla.  He didn't even do his own stunts.  He used a stunt double.  Jacki Chan, on the other hand ....  :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

Godzilla I heard was played by a 14 year old Korean child, but I usually do not trust the robots on the Satellite of Love as authorities on the matter. Well, maybe in "Deep Hurting" but that's another thread.

Same here! Triple feature Sunday afternoon and like 500 12 year olds! Mom use to give me an extra couple of dollars to wait 45minutes before heading to where she would pick me up for all the mass of moms in cars picking up kids would die down.

i remember sitting in the front row watching it one time and feeling like I was going to be stepped on even though not in 3d!

jeff