T = Tiny Scale

Darren Jeffries

I'm digging this up after a long time, mostly to post a picture.

The Hankyu cars with improved mechanism, pulse power controller and switches that have been promised are fast coming up on their due date (the switches are past due, though those at least have been demo'ed so they do exist at least as a complete prototype).

But of the existing 103 series T gauge models, here is a nice picture comparing a T gauge 103 and an N scale 103. Yes, that huge thing is N scale. This picture does a much better job then any of the train on finger or next to coin pictures.

post-219-13569923562947_thumb.jpg

Derp derp.

I liked it when it ran well. Didn't like it that much anymore when the motor started to collect dust. :sad: Now lying unused in a drawer.

post-224-1356992356359_thumb.jpg

Claude_Dreyfus

I dabble a little in T gauge as well. Check out some of the accessories...these are the unpainted (!) motor vehicles...

post-141-13569923565252_thumb.jpg

post-141-13569923565679_thumb.jpg

Claude_Dreyfus

Is it just the videos or does T scale engine produces pretty loud motor sound?

No, it is the motors. My understanding is that the newer motors will be much quieter, however at present they are pretty noisey little critters...

This scale would make for some interesting coffee table layouts but it's too small for me to work with.

It's much easier to work with than you might think.

Mine tend to make some noise, but considering the size of the motors, it actually amazes me that so much sound can come from something that small.

I wonder how does a T scale motor look like?

its a tiny little can motor that is about 3mm in dia and maybe 12mm long. single worm drive onto a gear on the axle if i remember correctly.

other updates

they have been constantly revising the motor, gears and such to improve the system. i think they are about on their 5th official rev now! they did have a hiatus this fall/winter to redo their marketing and distribution. they were headed to the toy show in germany so maybe some new announcements there.

cheers

jeff