Any other Chicago area modelers interested in forming a casual group?

Ken Ford

I don't know any other Japanese prototype modelers in the Chicago area.  Anyone up to a casual group?

Ken

Aurora

Hi, it does sound interesting, to have a Japanese prototype moderers group in the Chicagoland area. I personally don't know of anyone else around here that models Japan trains, but I'm interested. I don't have a layout, just some Kato unitrack, and a few tram models.

Howard

Hi, Howard!  I don't have much more myself... yet.

Whereabouts are you in the area?  I'm way out west in Aurora.

I'm hoping we can find a few more people and maybe get together for coffee and lies.

Jeff, you're welcome to fly in.  :grin

you mean take the train in, right?!

perhaps a sushi lunch? the japanese restaurant we do our monthly lunches here are use to us having a table full of show and tells. we have refrained from setting up track down the table to run the soy sauce back and forth! we have thought of doing sushi boat with a train system!

cheers

jeff

I'm thinking Japanese prototype T-Trak modules would be more likely to be of interest to others, but if I can get anyone else to sign on to my TramTrak* madness I won't complain.

(* working name for a big pile of Unitram, Unitrack and foamcore I'm puttering around with)

Hi, Howard!  I don't have much more myself... yet.

Whereabouts are you in the area?  I'm way out west in Aurora.

I'm hoping we can find a few more people and maybe get together for coffee and lies.

Jeff, you're welcome to fly in.   :grin

I'm in the North/Northwest suburbs, near Skokie, Glenview and Des Plaines. In that general area.

We can start with two.  :grin

Howard, how do your weekends look?  Maybe someplace out by Woodfield in Schaumburg?  It's more or less in the middle.

Would a weekday evening be better?

enodenlover

Ken, I just stumbled upon this thread and I'd be interested in participating. I live in Tinley Park in the south suburbs and since I'm retired my days are pretty much free. My modeling, such as it is, consists of temporary kitchen table layouts using Unitrack and Tomix tram track; I doubt if I'll ever attempt a permanent layout again ( all previous efforts were disasters ) but I'm enjoying myself and that's what counts.

Bob

Edited by enodenlover

Bob, could you be interested in doing a few small tabletop tram modules?  I haven't worked much on my generic modular tram idea in awhile, but it would be a simple way of getting a small portable layout together... I had visualized a small urban loop around a square with two branches off that - one in the street, and one on private ROW.  It could host your Enoden and my Randen cars.

If this is of interest, I'll describe more of what I was thinking to see if it floats your boat.

Edit - I should mention my location: Aurora, so not far.  I'm sure we could find someplace central to meet up.

Edited by Ken Ford
enodenlover

Ken, this does sound interesting even though I should probably warn you that my modeling skills are pretty mediocre. Let me know what you have in mind and we'll take it from there, okay?

Edit; Would you be interested in going on the JNS chat in the next day or two to discuss where to meet up etc.? If so let me know what time(s) would work for you, I'm almost always home in the evening.

Edited by enodenlover

Sounds good! I've never used the chat here or anywhere else, but I'm game. Let me check my schedule.

enodenlover

I'm a semi-regular participant in the Classic Horror Film Board chatroom and it's an interesting way to hold a conversation with people who share your interests. Actually what we do is watch low budget monster movies together and make smartass comments about the bad performances and crappy effects. Lots of fun. :)

Bob, my schedule has been crazy and I never know when I'll be available for chat.  Are you open to corresponding by email or PM instead?  I'd really like to meet up.

• Like 1

I live in northern Indiana (South Bend Area) there is nobody around here doing japanese trains, I would be interested in your group, and would not mine the drive possible once a month.

Lee

Bob, I apologize for not calling last night - I was on a call with a client all the way to band practice.

Lee, you'd be more than welcome!

damianrdaniels

I live in Lake Geneva, Wis. I see no one has posted since late march, but I'm still hoping. I'm in the planning process now of a new layout and am looking at the Kato v50 and v51 as a center piece. I am a bit confused though with what information I can find. I would be willing to hose a club here at my home some time in the future (after January). I am also planning a G scale loop in my garage shop and hopefully my yard.

Here's to making new friends.

Damian

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk