Sydney, Australia - JNS Forum members drinks evening #3

The_Ghan

For those of you in or near Sydney, Australia I'm planning another drinks evening at the end of June.  We've got to find a new pub because the last one has stopped selling Japanese beer !!!  We'll also pick a spot for dinner.

Date:      Friday 29th June

Time:      18:00

Address:  Platform 1, Central Railway Station (Sydney), just where the models are displayed.

Anyone who needs my mobile number please PM me.

Hope to see you all there.

Cheers

The_Ghan

• Like 2
bikkuri bahn

I envy you chaps.  It would be nice to have a similar semi-regular get-together (after perhaps some train-watching) for forumers based in Japan, er, all two or three of us :laugh:

Bikkuri,

You should !!!  Where are you based?

When I was at highschool in Kofu I'd met about 3 foreigners in 6 months.  By then I knew my way around town pretty well, so we started a monthly get-together for "koohii".  It was fun.

Cheers

The_Ghan

marknewton

Nige, I will be on annual leave then, so I will definitely be available that night.  See you all then!  :grin

All the best,

Mark.

Would you believe that I will be in Sydney on the 14th-18th June :P (a fortnight early, attending the pop-culture convention) So have fun guys and enjoy the beer!  :grin

Thats so nice to have regular get-togethers for train fans! Envy! I remembered when we used to hold Lego meetings regularly too and had so much fun and made so much new friends until the point whereby meetings became more of a trading place and infomation (deals) leeching place rather than a chit-chatting session...

Hoping to find even just one more other Japan rail fan like myself here....

I've got an even better excuse this time. I'll be somewhere in west Texas or New Mexico heading for L.A. along Route 66 chasing trains along the BNSF. :grin

• Like 1

Good on you west,

Hope we get to see plenty of pictures of that trip.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Off-Topic abit, but i'll be travelling to Australia Sydney in March 2013, taking advantage of the new Scoot budget airlines from Singapore Airlines!  :grin

JR,

Keep us posted ... we'll catch up.  You have friends down under?

Cheers

The_Ghan

Thanks Ghan!

Nope, used to have a few friends from Sillypore studying there (or was it Melbourne?) but i think they have all graduated...

Any chances of any train hobby shops there preferably selling Kato/ Tomix Japan trains in Sydney?  :cheesy

Nope!  The prices in Sydney are inflated by around 150%.  And I'm not joking.

No model exhibitions on at that time either but the Thirlmere Festival of Steam is usually on in March.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Nope!  The prices in Sydney are inflated by around 150%.  And I'm not joking.

No model exhibitions on at that time either but the Thirlmere Festival of Steam is usually on in March.

Cheers

The_Ghan

That is one of the saddest thing we Aussies face everyday at the hobby shops seeing them sell train with them getting the extra 50% profit margin of the train compaired to us buying it direct from Japan or our good friennds in the US :D 

HHmmm.. I see the point which makes ordering online a even better option then.

Well, at least there are physical shops to go look at the models and structures and tracks physically before really deciding to buy online... Here is Sillypore we dont even get to see anything in N scale...    :lipssealed:

Seriously thinking of planning yet another Japan trip really soon... The N gauge posion is deep within my veins...

Anyway looking forward to a good meeting ahead next year! Cheers and enjoy the evening!

Note: this is a beer-drinking group with an interest in Japanese N-scale model trains, not a Japanese N-scale model train group with an interest in beer drinking.

I just though I'd clarify the point!

:occasion14:

Cheers

The_Ghan

you know your group is headed for trouble when it comes up with its own mixed drink. jrm has the tomix rail cleaner. its bombay sapphire gin based with something white (sorry forgotten what that is) and a maraschino cherry for the sun and a piece of code 55 rail for the swizzle stick. looks like our logo upside down...

jeff

bikkuri bahn
Note: this is a beer-drinking group with an interest in Japanese N-scale model trains, not a Japanese N-scale model train group with an interest in beer drinking.

Perhaps it starts out as the former, but as the evening progresses, ends up as the latter :laugh: